All soul day. Liquor ban

Two days ban.

Two days ban.
-@Richard Yan

Just as well we are all stocked up.

Cheers, Steve.

Compliance will be a problem. I've visited the cemeteries during Old Souls Day, families stay overnight drinking on the tombs, and even leave alcohol offerings for their loved ones.

@Richard Yan Is the ban Nationwide? Haven't seen any directives from the Office of the President or Provincial Governors. I know there is a ban at cemeteries.

Matters little Andrew, you can still get grog even through the Covid lock downs on alcohol . Pays to always stock up though.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl I know that, I was here for the lockdowns and bans, also elections, but would like to know where and who ordered the ban, I need the info for The Swagman eNews.  Getting a drink during any ban is no problem here in Angeles.

Sorry Andrew but my question is, one wonders where this has come from and especially where your *** questions come from. google will be your best friend. My better half tells me tradition and little more but possibly a passed law in the senate 50 or a 100 years ago that no one here follows as the drunkards simply sleep on the graves of the recently lost after a skinfull.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

stock up on Sunday. drink all day monday.

solid plan to me.

No need really to stock up as the sari stores will give you what ever you need.

Cheers, Steve

Not heard anything about any liquor ban specifically on Old Souls Day.....All that is mentioned on google is as follow :

LIQUOR BAN PERIOD... The ban in SELLING liquor shall be from 1:00 AM to 8:00 AM EVERY DAY. As such, no person or entity shall SELL liquor or any alcoholic beverages within this time period.

Most of us/shops would be fast asleep/closed by then except for a few like 7/11...then again there's no mention that you can't DRINK you just won't be able to buy any.

So best to buy earlier (Stock Up if Needed) & then drink responsibly.

Funny how a topic on the banning of booze can get so many replies in such a short period of time.1f923.svg

@bigpearl  Do you think I have not Googled it?  It's a simple question, that I have not received an answer for, possibly because you don't know, and that answer would suffice... a simple "I don't know". 

@Cherryann01

I know, t'was thinking the same thing !! 1f605.svg

Omo :

Well when it comes to any kind of fluid consumption...be it tap water/rum/brandy or coke just trying to stop one from drinking becomes very personal.

Would you really want to live in a world without Coca-Cola (ww)..or for that matter Tanduay Rum?

1f923.svg

If one cannot go two days without alcohol, then one probably has a problem.

@bigpearl Do you think I have not Googled it? It's a simple question, that I have not received an answer for, possibly because you don't know, and that answer would suffice... a simple "I don't know".
-@Andrew Fleming66

Please accept my apologies Andrew for not giving you the answer you were looking for. My better half simply said "tradition".

So, no Idea if there is a law regarding  alcohol bans for all Saints day.

Perhaps the OP can help us out here.

Cheers, Steve.

-@mugteck

I'll drink to that.

Cheers, Steve.

-@mugteck

People who do not drink alcohol never miss an opportunity to signal their virtue 😂 It used to be true for tobacco use too but hardly anyone smokes anymore.

Drink like a fish and smoke like a burning tyre here.

Cheers, Steve.

Two days ban.
-@Richard Yan

Just as well we are all stocked up.

Cheers, Steve.
-@bigpearl

I know for sure they are banning alcohol at the cemeteries of major cities where they live for 2 days with their departed, by tradition. I have not seen any bans in the provinces where I stay but I may be wrong. My nearby nephew own a sari sari that sells liquor and beer; I will ask him.