Hello Rabat

hello.
we just arrived in rabat 3 weeks ago. we will be living here for the next 4 years. I am married with 2 kids and i dont speak any word of French (or Arabic). It would be nice to meet open-minded, easy going, non complicated people who hopefully can be friends. living in a new country can be quite overwhelming at times as I try to find my way around since my husband works pretty much all day.

hello Rabat. I hope you will be kind to us :)

Hi
I am new to Rabat as well but lived all last year in Casablanca - so not new to Morocco.  I have 3 children and they all attend the Rabat American School.  I am not working at the time but my husband works (a lot).  Which area do you live and do you have a vehicle to get around.
Missy

Hello. my daughter also attends RAS. which grade are your kids in? We live in OLM.. just behind hotel Sofitel. yes, we do have a vehicle to go around. how are you holding up in Rabat and which area do you live?

Hi there,
My daughter is in 4th grade with Ms. Murphy, my middle son is in 2nd grade with Ms. Mingura and my youngest son is in kindergarten with Ms. Foster.
I am living on the border or Embassedor and ONEP just past the royal palace on Mohamed V. 
Not sure if I posted my name earlier, but I am Missy and moved to Casablanca from the USA last year.  We did a year in Casa and then decided to move to Rabat due to the school (which is a million times better than CAS) and my husband is commuting to Casa every day. 
I too have a car and can get around.  I am enjoying Rabat but I wonder if my glee is due to the year in Casablanca?  Casa is tough to live and get around. 
Not sure if you are interested but I am meeting a couple of english speaking ladies (one also has her children in RAS -- she also moved from CAS to RAS when we did and the other lady lives here and works here and is from the USA) at the Sofitel for a walk in the park at 8:30 a.m. on Monday morning.  You can email me priately at [email protected] or call me if you wish, my cell is 06 53 43 39 71 
Have a great weekend,
Missy

hi Missy,
sorry i missed this post. our house is pretty much just outside the sofitel park! maybe next time you come around, we (me and the baby) can join.
we have not been to casa yet so i wouldnt know how different Rabat is from Casa.. but i did hear that Casa is a little bit more hectic than here.
here's my no. 06 412 77 395
or you can also email me thru [email protected]

Hi, my name is Rachid & I'm from Casablanca but working in Rabat. I'm 29 years old. I've just found this website by sudden & I find it interessting. Let me first welcome you here in Rabat. I was living here for 6 months since I started my job here. Rabat is a nice city where there are many places to visit and people are very nice. I like culture exchanges, I like to improve my knowledges by meeting new people from around the world. Well, If you need any help concerning anything with moroccan culture I'll be happy to help you as I'll be happy to learn about your cultures too.

Rachid.

Hi I have just moved to Rabat with my wife to. We should try meet up. We to speak very little Arabic and limitied French ; - )

Hi there,
what area are you living in Rabat?  What brings you to Morocco?  We have a small group of ladies that is currently walking at the park near the Sofitel and will begin a running program in the next month or so.  Everyone speaks english that walks with us.  Also,there is a facebook group for english speaking women and there are all sorts of functions and get togethers posted there too.  Feel free to email me directly if you want me to send you the link to request membership to the group.  [email protected]
Also, not sure if you have children (we do) and have become involved at the American school and met lots of people this way too.
Good luck to you both,
Missy

Hi Thanks for the reply. Well I work for a Maltese comapny and we have just got the distribution rights for N ike in Morocco. I am here to help the Moroccan team kick off and get started open ing N ike stores round Morocco.

For the mmoment I am here alnoe but my wife is joing in the next two weeks or so. We are freshly married so no kids yet ; - )))

I know the park near Sofitel might come by at some point to say hello. I will join the face book page thanks for the tip.

HI and welcome in Morocco i am glad that you love my country, i am from rabat if you want anything or any help don't hesitate to ask it would a pleasure to be your fiend and to give a hand in everything, espacially for places and for the languages that widely used

Hi

I just thought I would contact you as I moved to Rabat from the UK at the beginning of the month.  I am living in Agdal and working as an English teacher in the Canadian School in Hay Riad.  I speak very little French and no Arabic so am having a lot of fun getting myself settled here.  I am keen to meet other English speakers and get to know a few people in Rabat.

I can be contacted on [email protected].

thanks

Emily

Hi Emily,
nice to knoe your having fun. we live near Agdal, by OLM. we can meet up for coffee sometime if you like.

Lorelee

hi, Lorelee,
welcome to Morocco.
I am Julie from Taiwan. My husband he's a French working here. We are living in Mohammedia close to Casablanca. I am here almost 1 year. If you don't mind I wish we could have coffee one day.

Good day.

Julie

Hello Julie.
Thank you for writing me. We can have coffee, no problem!! where is mohammedia? im not yet familiar with the places in rabat. you can email me at [email protected]

Cheers
Lorelee

hi everybody, I'm moving to Morocco this December and would like to make friends from all over!  I am Iraqi-American born and raised in the US and wanting to start a new life. I will be opening an American fast-food restaurant in Marrakech and will be serving Hot-dogs, Phillies, Burgers, fries, and more..plus, I'll be introducing some Mexican food to the Moroccans.
Hope to hear from you all. Take care,
Robert

hello im located in Rabat too ,  and its will be for 3 months , then i ll go back to New Caledonia , im 22 years old female, no kids , but willing soon ^^... , my husband works a lot , and i dont so , its pretty much boring to not do anything the whole day , i work out in the moring , i would luv to meet new friends i live in RIAD , i hope to hear from you both , here is my email : [email protected]

Hi, Lorelee!

My husband and I just moved here as well. Like you, I don't know French or Arabic and it's been very challenging so far. We're kababayans, we should meet! PM me :)

Karen

hello everyone!

i would love to meet with the english speaking ladies who meet at the sofitel, please give me further details, when? and what time?
i just recently relocated here from the states and have ZERO friends, my husband works alot and i find myself getting super depressed.

i would love to meet people that can hopefully become friends!

thanks all,

marlene

Hi Marlene,
We have been a bit inconsistant meeting at the Sofitel but I am hoping that we will be back on track after the holidays. 
My personal email is [email protected]   feel free to drop me an email if you wish.  My phone number is (cell) 06 53 43 39 71

Rabat can be a wonderful place but it can also be quite lonely at first.  Everyone that has moved here (especially those of us that are english speakers) have gone through this as we try and find our way and make new friends.  That being said, I have found some amazing ladies to hang out with.  Some from the school that my children attend and some from here and from facebook's english speaking ladies in Rabat group. 

Sorry to have gone on and on, I promise it gets easier and better and there is much fun and adventure to have in Rabat and in Morocco.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Missy

Hi there I am also going to put my son in Rabat American school do u if the tuitions are reduced for American kids
I will be there in feb so I would love to meet some moms from the same school
Mk

Hello,

I have taken a sabbatical from my job in London in order to live with my wife who works here in Rabat. We only married last year so no kids as yet.

We live in Agdal, she has been living here for 3 years now so we know the area quite well. I'd be happy to meet up with people for coffee etc.

Running in the park may have to wait as I damaged my feet a little on a 4 day hike up J'bel M'Goun...

Best,

Richard

Hi Al,

It's not really my area of expertise to be honest with you. We rent our place. I certainly know the streets of Agdal quite well so if you were to find potential properties then I might be able to tell you more about the street etc. I haven't even seen a Real Estate Agent so I don't know what the going rate is.

Of course, I'd be happy to show you around Agdal when you're here in October.

Best,

Richard

hello and welcome .
i am from rabat i do speak both English and French  feel free to ask me what ever you need to know . even if you want to show you around .
enjoy it it's a good city

Hi Al,

No problem. Most Europeans only stay for short contracts so usually rent rather than buy. I know some Moroccans who I think own property though. I'll keep my ear to the ground for you.

R

hi;are you looking for maid , i speak arab and some english ,i want to work to collect money for study ,if you interested answer me

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : use the private message + drop your resume in the jobs section pls

Hello every one
This is an interesting thread of such that we were looking forward to...

I'm Sam, married from Rabat. We gotta a son of 3+. We've been based in Dubai for quite sometimes, but my wife didn't like Dubai all these time. She loves the locality and the mild climate of Morocco. So we eventually built our second home in Al wifaq. I'm up and down to Rabat frequently while my family is here most of the time.

I'm looking forward to band with like mind expatriates and explore potential business opportunitiesbor ventures by which we can engage many of us as a team and create opportunities.

If there are meet up's taking place, I and my wife would love to attend and be part of great explorations!

Let's communicate and bring all of us together..