Family with 2 young children considering to move to Manila.

Hi, I'm new here. I'm from Singapore and considering relocating to Manila. I have 2 young children. Am looking for some advice on

how is it living in BGC including safety wisePreschool & International school for grade 2.

Any other experiences that you can share, would be appreciated!

thanks in advance! :)

Bonifacio Global City is an excellent choice for a Singaporean. Home from home. Its a clean, safe, characterless toy town with high density souless high rise apartments populated by yuppies with little fluffy white lap dogs.  Just remember to take a poop and scoop with you.

Then theres Mindanao...here the 'multicab' rules where being hit head on by one is more likely than being bitten by a stray dog which are all terrified by the grunting sound the multicab makes when she roars. (due lack of bhp)

1f923.svg

Btw welcome onboard BBec22.

@Lotus Eater thanks for taking the time to share the info!

@manwonder hahah thanks!

Then theres Mindanao...here the 'multicab' rules where being hit head on by one is more likely than being bitten by a stray dog which are all terrified by the grunting sound the multicab makes when she roars. (due lack of bhp)
1f923.svg
Btw welcome onboard BBec22.
-@manwonder

what is bhp?

Brake horsepower. In time when we've all migrated to electric vehicles the acronym will become meaningless. Get ready for KW (Kilowatts) as a measure of power.

@Lotus Eater right. Got it. 😀

Brake horsepower. In time when we've all migrated to electric vehicles the acronym will become meaningless. Get ready for KW (Kilowatts) as a measure of power.
-@Lotus Eater

EV Economics . . . On average it takes 30 KWH to travel 100 miles (161 KM)

My Fuzzy Math: If you live near Moon Dog that's P540 or $9.47 USD.

@BBec22

My Multicab came with the Kei F6A engine (657cc) which pumps out max 60bhp at *6500rpm the reason for her grunting more like growling sound that keep the stray dogs away.

1f923.svg

@Guest4931

@Guest4931

BGC is a great place to live, as long as you can afford it. Lived there almost 2 years.

A decent 2 bedroom condo unit will cost from 60k a month and you will likely need to pay at least 3 months in advance.

Electric is around 10k a month,

Around 4/5k a month for decent cable and Wi-Fi.

Bottled water is cheap.

Starbucks and restaurants in BGC are all good but budget to spend between 5 and 10k a day, especially if you meet friends etc.

Take time to pick a nice Condo building and offer less than the agent wants. The more you can pay in advance, the better the deal will be.

@Scorpion14

"Starbucks and restaurants in BGC are all good but budget to spend between 5 and 10k a day, especially if you meet friends etc."

i am assuming you're being sarcastic....who the hell needs to spend 5 - 10 k in a single day ??

Scorpion14 said . . . . BGC is a great place to live, as long as you can afford it. Lived there almost 2 years.

A decent 2 bedroom condo unit will cost from 60k a month and you will likely need to pay at least 3 months in advance.

With today's Wise exchange rate of P57.35 to USD that's $1046.21 a month with a $3138.63 deposit.

@Scorpion14
"Starbucks and restaurants in BGC are all good but budget to spend between 5 and 10k a day, especially if you meet friends etc."
i am assuming you're being sarcastic....who the hell needs to spend 5 - 10 k in a single day ??
-@kristopherryanwatson

If you want to live in BGC and send your 2 kids to international school, a budget of 5k - 10k per day (or 150k - 300k per month) sounds right especially if you're the one, and not your employer, who's paying for tuition.

We own our home outright. But we still spend close to 100k per month if we factor in the tuition for our 2 kids (both are not in international school).

@Scorpion14
-@kristopherryanwatson

Agree, I pay 9 workers around 4,600 pesos per day for all in construction works and while Starbucks is expensive (ego and selfies) that's a lot of coffee and snacks as they all feed their families daily on those wages and are happy. Average 500 pesos a day.

I'm a pig and drink JD every day and smoke like a burning tyre, eat and do what I want and don't spend 2,000 pesos a day.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Upon my very first initial visits here when my ex and i were still courting via long-distance between 2013-2015, I would be staying comfortably in BGG/Makati at my hotel accommodations during my holiday time from Canada on a budget of about 20 K to last me approximately 2 weeks. That was plenty.