Buying furniture in Brussels -your advice!

Hi,

Writing to ask you, how did you all buy/arrange for furniture for your homes? Any recommendations for buying furniture packages? Ikea best?  We are moving from London without any furniture of our own in April,  and wondering what's the best way to manage this without blowing a hole in our finances! 😀 We might live in Brussels for 2-3 years. We'd rather not spend extra on fully furnished rental houses. Any experience you can share and advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

https://www.troc.com/fr#https://www.cashconverters.be/

Thanks for sharing these sites!

Hi! In case still relevant, we're actually moving out of our apartment  in the 2nd half of March. Hence, I have furnitures and appliances to sell (bed frame, mattress, dining table & chairs, sofa, dressers, etc). Please drop a note in case you're interested. My current apartment is in Woluwe St Lambert. I was actually considering to sell to troc.com

Thank you! Apologies for replying late. I'm assuming you may have moved out/made other arrangements already. We've just moved now, and expect to get our final apartment next month, so would have been quite late! All the best with your move. Any tips to share? :)

Ikea is a good choice, and also there are second hand shops like Troc. What all furniture do you need ? I know a family who is now moving and looking to get rid of some stuff they have.

hey,

i would add one more place to look at, its Facebook market place, lots of people is selling their furniture there. people move a lot from one place to another, as you say, staying here for a year or two. :)

it should be quite easy to set up the apartment in first week , that is my experiance. You can always rent a car for a day and go and collect all you need. Also, there a a service to rent a wan and a driver to help you collect things. i think the prices is 25eur +5eur for each stop.

also, ikea for those small things that makes home a home :) and also you will find lots of small antique stores around brussels.
maybe trying second hand in pettit rien stors (they also have furniture and home suplies)

And also, welcome to Brussels guys!

Thanks Aneesh! Yeah, Ikea might be a good place to look, and will check out Troc.
In terms of furniture, we are looking at unfurnished houses currently so would need the full goods(not appliances except for TVs i expect), so beds, sofas, dining sets, the lot! When is your friend moving? We might only get our new house by end April or mid May so may not have much storage if your friend needs to dispose them off immediately. Do let me know! Would you be able to send a few pics? Do DM me if so! We finally got a car, so happy to pop by too if that works.

Thanks Maria for the welcome! A lot of very useful suggestions and tips in your post there. Much appreciated! Ikea seems to be the place to check out. I've just joined a fb sell/swap group- useful to see the posts! Can't wait to check out the antique/vintage stores too, guess they are closed for now? Thanks again!

Hi Mathew,

I have actually the same idea than everybody :D Ikea is the best place to help you out quickly! I was in this kind of situation not so long ago, and I bought way too many things there!! So I had the idea to [link moderated] when I had to go back in my country, knowing that I would come and live in Belgium later.

It was actually the best thing to do, and this solution may be usefull to you too, if you end up buying too many things, as I did :P everything is secure and your stuffs will not be at risk during your absence.

Don't hesitate if you have any question!
Benja