Iqama validity for transfer

My situation is that i have been approved to be transferrable iqama, i was able to be hired by a certain company and made me worked with them for 4 months until i have finished the project. during my hiring my boss promised me that they will process the transfer. unfortunately, i have been informing our HR that i am receiving MOI message and from my bank as well that my iqama is expiring. but they didn't transfer me  instead after completing the project their terminated my contract. due to nonexistence of new projects. Now my iqama had expired last May 6, 2024 and its been expired now for 6 days already. I have been trying to find another job from another company. Question is how many valid months is required for a transfer? and is it my responsibility to renew my iqama at my own expense? or the  new company if perhaps i found one? Now i have asked  my previous company since they allow me to be transferrable that they can help me renew my iqama but i need to pay for it? Please can someone advise me of my situation?