No more 6 mos visa?

According to JRC Visa consultancy. A YouTube video popped up on my feed this morning that was posted only 24 hrs ago. Guy claims BI has scrapped 6 month visa's even though there's no official announcement made saying as much. I've looked around the BI website which we know gets updated instantly when there's a change (sarcastic humor) and there's no announcement and 6 mos still shows as an option.

Anyone else confirm?

@Larry Fisher I obtained a six months visa in March at Mactan Immigration without any issues 

Sounds good.

@Larry FisherVisa is now one or two months unless you renew in Manila which can be for six months. That's what the people at BI told me

@talambanWait till you have to renew in September

@Larry Fisher I obtained a six months visa in March at Mactan Immigration without any issues 

-@talamban

That means JRC is wrong. Somebody should tell them since they come across on the videos as being the greatest experts in the world on Philippine visas.

@Larry Fisher I obtained a six months visa in March at Mactan Immigration without any issues          -@talamban

That means JRC is wrong. Somebody should tell them since they come across on the videos as being the greatest experts in the world on Philippine visas.

-@danfinn

How does that make JRC wrong? - if they put out a video within the last 24 to 48 hours saying the six month extension is no longer available and then a guy says he got a six months extension in March, so weeks before the video was put out with the new info = then it has or is obviously just come into or about to come into effect. What somebody got six to 10 weeks ago has no bearing on new information if it is accurate.

@Cherryann01

And just because x office doesn't give 6 mos visa's doesn't mean they are not available anymore either. Which is exactly what the agency posted.

Agreed what happened weeks ago or even 5 days ago may not be today. But there is NO official statement on the BI website. And I can still go to the BI website and find statements of availability for 1 mos, 2mos, and 6 mos visas. However I am not applying for one at this time so I can be positive either way.

And guess what? THATS WHY A POSTED THIS ! lol

@Larry Fisher I obtained a six months visa in March at Mactan Immigration without any issues          -@talambanThat means JRC is wrong. Somebody should tell them since they come across on the videos as being the greatest experts in the world on Philippine visas.        -@danfinn

How does that make JRC wrong? - if they put out a video within the last 24 to 48 hours saying the six month extension is no longer available and then a guy says he got a six months extension in March, so weeks before the video was put out with the new info = then it has or is obviously just come into or about to come into effect. What somebody got six to 10 weeks ago has no bearing on new information if it is accurate.

-@Cherryann01

They are a business and it is their responsibility to ensure that the information the make to the public is current. If the video is no longer current, then they should take it down. People assume that the information available from established companies is current and correct. albeit we are in the Philippines. This is just a matter of common sense. How are they wrong? Even if they were originally right, something obviously changed that made them wrong, right? lol

@Cherryann01And just because x office doesn't give 6 mos visa's doesn't mean they are not available anymore either. Which is exactly what the agency posted.Agreed what happened weeks ago or even 5 days ago may not be today. But there is NO official statement on the BI website. And I can still go to the BI website and find statements of availability for 1 mos, 2mos, and 6 mos visas. However I am not applying for one at this time so I can be positive either way. And guess what? THATS WHY A POSTED THIS ! lol        -@Larry Fisher

I think even JRC knows that the only thing constant about immigration regulations is that it is constantly changing. Still, they have an image to project, that image being that they are experts in visa requirements, and they are, b ut it is difficult even for experts to stay on top of things. That is why companies like JRC should always preface their material with a reminder to ensure they have the latest information and if they have any questions, they should contact the BI (or something to that effect). Don't try to project being a know-all here because nobody or agency is a know all here. As I said, JRC knows that is true.

@danfinn Hello!! It's the Philippines

@Larry Fisher I obtained a six months visa in March at Mactan Immigration without any issues          -@talambanThat means JRC is wrong. Somebody should tell them since they come across on the videos as being the greatest experts in the world on Philippine visas.        -@danfinnHow does that make JRC wrong? - if they put out a video within the last 24 to 48 hours saying the six month extension is no longer available and then a guy says he got a six months extension in March, so weeks before the video was put out with the new info = then it has or is obviously just come into or about to come into effect. What somebody got six to 10 weeks ago has no bearing on new information if it is accurate.        -@Cherryann01

They are a business and it is their responsibility to ensure that the information the make to the public is current. If the video is no longer current, then they should take it down. People assume that the information available from established companies is current and correct. albeit we are in the Philippines. This is just a matter of common sense. How are they wrong? Even if they were originally right, something obviously changed that made them wrong, right? lol

-@danfinn

For those wondering, it was a brand new video less than 48 hours old when I posted. I'm not stupid. That's the 1st thing I checked before checking BI website even.

I looked today, on eSerices you can only get 1 or 2 months,  last time I did my extension was 6 months.

Me too saw the video, looks like it is right. Some places they do 3 times 2 months, but that is to be nice.

@Larry Fisher

I saw the video too.

... wrong, right? lol        -@danfinn

@Larry Fisher I'm not stupid. That's the 1st thing I checked...

It's a relief to know that. Question: Must the time/date that the video is uploaded to YouTube coincide witj the date/time that the video was created?

Update: Yesterday I took one for the team. (shameless plug for self) Since I was making a trip to Cebu City, I opted to take a 90 minute detour to the Lapu Lapu BI office I normally use. There, I asked specifically about the 6 month visa extension.

As of April 16th, six month visa extensions are no longer available nationwide. Only 1 month and 2 month extensions are available and one cannot purchase multiple two month extensions at a time.

For those interested in the E-File visa extension, the BI officer said it's mostly stable now and shouldn't be too problematic. Keep in mind, the system will kick-back an application for extension that goes beyond the expiration date of your ARC card. Ex: It's May 15th and your current visa expires May 22nd. You will not be able to get a 2 month extension online or in office if your ARC card expires say July 1st. You will need to get your ARC card renewal done before you can get that two month visa extension.

All praise for my extra service to the community of renegades and expats further on in this thread is not necessary. I know how thankful you are already. 1f60e.svg

A pat on the back Larry for taking one for the team and doing some ground work for all interested. I will ask though why they dropped the 6 month extensions and the thinking. Doesn't bother me as my local BI satelite office have only ever offered 1/2 month extensions and gladly go in and pay. I've even had them tell me to renew my ACR the next time I visit even though a month overdue, They know I live here as they have put up with me for years and I'm generally the only punter in their office.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

No pats required. No, really. None...thank you, thank you, but really it was nothing. 1f604.svg

They did not divulge to someone as lowly as myself why.