5 Year Permanent Resident 13A, ACR1 card RENEWAL

Has anyone RECENTLY visited the Main BI branch to renew there 13A, 5 YEAR PERMANENT ACR1 Card ?

Seems to be a lot of confusion between a TOURIST ACR1, PROBATIONARY, AND PERMANENT.

So I am Only asking for those who have actually RENEWED the 13A, ACR1 card AFTER 5 Years to respond

so no one else coming across this thread gets confused which will only add to the confusion from BI

Just inquiring about current Procedure/Process and Cost/Fees for 2022 ?

@vehicross100

Have not yet renewed, but will be following this thread; hopefully there will be some replies that will be valuable to any of those who might have the same inquiry.

0cfstWBLHB7Vg455J_0phDUqw

Contacted them through FB messenger and they replied that they can not send Payment breakdown over Social Media, unbelievable,

There website fees for ACR RENEWAL were last updated in 2014... seems to be on purpose to not list or advertise so no one actually knows until they are at the cashier and from reading posts here seems to differ person to person or from branch to branch

@vehicross100

might i suggest to pursue your concerns with an accredited agency  ?  they will relieve you of your headaches and  the processing, not to also mention have a more cognizant foresight of unravelling the mystery of what the fuck you actually have to pay for what you need to renew at BI.

Update:

After numerous calls and transfers to BI, I was finally able to confirm that the ACR1 renewal fee is still

$50 (P3000) + P500 as it has been since 2014...

Also I was advised that it is ok to go and submit for Renewal two weeks before expiration and that processing would be 2-3 weeks for releasing at Main in Intramuros

Just renewed my Tourist Visa  for another  4 months with a total fee of 5,940.00 pesos. Monthly extension application fee 600 pesos, Monthly extension Fee 2,000 pesos, Certificate fee 500 pesos, Legal research fee 40 pesos.Annual Report 300 pesos. Express Lane Fee 2,000. Express Lane Fee Certification 500 pesos.  If you care to leave your Passport with BI for up to a week  so they can process your  Tourist Visa extension and come back you can eliminate the "Express Lane Fee" I choose not to leave my Passport with BI for a week.  I asked BI if i could have a 6 month extension and i was told any extension beyond 2 months has to be approved by the office supervisor. I was asked a number of questions by the Supervisor and was approved for a 4 month extension of my  Tourist Visa. Such as my age, occupation, marital status and if i had any children in the Phil. Each time i go to BI is an interesting and new experience and getting more expensive.

I've come to learn that the fees seem to be different at every BI office.  My 2 month renewal in Olangapo was in excess of 6,000 PHP.  Where was your renewal done?

I've come to learn that the fees seem to be different at every BI office. My 2 month renewal in Olangapo was in excess of 6,000 PHP. Where was your renewal done?
-@fortnerbrian

I've come to learn that the fees seem to be different at every BI office. My 2 month renewal in Olangapo was in excess of 6,000 PHP. Where was your renewal done?

-@fortnerbrian

Went to the BI   office in Cagayan de Oro  for my renewal fortnerbrian. By the way, renewed my ACR card in July of 2022 and the fee was 50.00 US dollars. But you have to pay it in Pesos at the current dollar to peso rate. Waited 1 month before it was ready to pick up.

When we are comparing the cost of ACR Renewal card, one has to be careful that we are all comparing the same ACR CARD...

There are many different ACR cards this is why the amounts are different, you cannot compare a Permanent Resident ACR card renewal fee with a Tourist ACR card fee, etc...so it can get confusing

Just make sure you compare the same EXACT TYPE of ACR Card, (apples to apples)

When we are comparing the cost of ACR Renewal card, one has to be careful that we are all comparing the same ACR CARD...
There are many different ACR cards this is why the amounts are different, you cannot compare a Permanent Resident ACR card renewal fee with a Tourist ACR card fee, etc...so it can get confusing
Just make sure you compare the same EXACT TYPE of ACR Card, (apples to apples)
-@vehicross100

My post is not reference to vhicross100 post, but it opens the door for other comments of ACR-1 Temporary Resident and 13A Permanent Resident.

(1) Foreigners who stay in the Philippines for more then 60 days an ACR-1 card is required.

(2) There are different categories of the ACR-1 card as stated by vehicross100.

(3) I came in on a Balikbayon visa good for one year being married to a Filipina. (No fee involved)

(4) After 59 days I could have applied for ACR-1 "Probationary Visa" good for one year.

(5) I waited almost the one year to apply for the 13A (Alien certificate of registration, permanent resident.)

(6) Don't that mistake in waiting to the last moment because of the 13A paperwork involved.

(7) The 13A is good for 5 years with an annual January visit to BI and a small fee.

does anyone recall the fee amount to be paid for every year that you fail to report to BI ?

due to the pandemic and subsequent lockdown, i failed to report for the years 2020/21.

does anyone recall the fee amount to be paid for every year that you fail to report to BI ?
due to the pandemic and subsequent lockdown, i failed to report for the years 2020/21.
-@kristopherryanwatson

The first year I was also late, I explained my age and having covid-19, for medical reasons causing me to be late, they accepted my reasons, no fine.

The second year I didn't even go, I sent my stepson. This was not done at the main BI office.

@Enzyte Bob

thabks for the reply.

so your stepson went on your behalf.  what kind of requirements did you send along with him to vouche for your identity and so forth ? did you pay the fee at that time ?

@Enzyte Bob
thabks for the reply.

so your stepson went on your behalf. what kind of requirements did you send along with him to vouche for your identity and so forth ? did you pay the fee at that time ?
-@kristopherryanwatson

The normal fee was paid both times, if I can remember correctly about P600. I mentioned I was late for my interview the first time and the second time it was done in January.

The first time I was there, but I never left my chair and my stepson went to the window. The second time I was not there at all.

Besides your normal ID's, I don't think there was anything special that had to be presented, other than fill out some paperwork (I think). I may have given him a letter authorizing him to represent me.

We were not at the main BI, all I can remember we were at a mall and had to take the escalator up about nine floors and walk to an attached building, then get on an elevator to reach this BI office.

@Enzyte Bob

Great, thanks for the reply on that. I am however surprised by the cost of the fee. It seems quite low to me considering other sources I've read up on from (ranging from 1,200-2000 pesos). I'm thinking that it might depend on your type of Citizen Status/ACR Id one holds.

@Enzyte Bob

Just to be clear for other readers, the 13A Permanent Resident VISA is for Life as long as you remain Married to the Filipina you applied with.

The Visa itself never has to be Renewed,

ONLY the ACR I card needs to be Renewed every 5 years and of course you still have your yearly annual reports to be in Compliance...

Update:

Submitted Renewal application today at SM Aura

The fee was $50 but when paying in pesos it came to 2799 due to exchange rate, plus p500 for express lane, Total was around 3200...

I questioned the Cashier on the fee and realized that the fee is in $ period,  so if everyone here mostly pays in Pesos, then this would account for many of us paying different amounts due to daily fluctuations of exchange rate, in hindsight it would have been much better to take and pay in $, but heck after 7 years here I don't even know what it feels like anymore

As a side note submitting at SM Aura was a breeze, no crowds and very clean,

in and out 15-20 minutes, but I will still have to pick up at Main in 4-6 weeks 

@Enzyte Bob
Just to be clear for other readers, the 13A Permanent Resident VISA is for Life as long as you remain Married to the Filipina you applied with.

The Visa itself never has to be Renewed,
ONLY the ACR I card needs to be Renewed every 5 years and of course you still have your yearly annual reports to be in Compliance...
-@vehicross100

It seems the water is getting is getting murky here on info of ACR-1 and 13A.

I no longer have an ACR-1 card, it was turned in when I picked up my 13A card. My ACR-1 was a probationary card good for one year and the issuance of my 13A card is good for five years.

Correct, but there are two components once you have the 13a Permanent Resident Visa

1) The Permanent Visa which is for life is what's  Stamped inside your Passport, this never has to be renewed, just restamped when your Passport expires

2) The 5 year ACR I card which is issued along with the visa Is what the post topic is about, not the Visa

@vehicross100

I have a question regarding what you mentioned the Visa being stamped inside your passport.

what then happens if you need to renew your passport regarding the visa stamp? does this then require for a restamp of the visa in your renewed one?

i've flown out of the country numerous times since i last had my passport renewed in 2018. i didnt have a restamp of my Visa in the renewed.

not having any restamp was ever a concern or problematic as long as i had my 13-A Id to show when going through Immigration.

I am just in the process of renewing my passport as it just expired last month.  what you've mentioned in your last reply has had me thinking about this.

As far as I know and my research, Yes you will have to go back to BI main to have your new Passport Restamped. I will do this once my passport is close to expiring…

From what I can tell the Visa Stamp is what is important, I'm not sure how it would effect your leaving and arrival with having just the card and no Visa because the Card is not the Visa, it's just a ACRI card

As a side note you probably could take your expired passport with the stamp along with the new one jic of any issues, I know this has been done before but not sure exactly with which visa

0cfY4Ejee3uT_BMoVOjUqtShQ

Thanks, I'll have to look into this myself further.

As mentioned previously, i had travelled numerous times following when i last had my passport renewed (2017, not 2018), which included flying back home for Christmas in 2017 and 2019. I did not have that renewed passport with the Visa stamped.  However, i'll check on it. I'm wondering if Immigration may have stamped it when i returned back to the Philippines on one of those trips?

I do not believe I've kept my old passport with the original Visa stamped though.

i'll need to check for it but it seems unlikely i've kept it. I don't believe I've seen it in my personal files I've kept filed away.   

With I just submitted my application to renew my passport this past week, so restamp of my Visa is something I'll need to add to the list of things to do prior to leaving here again in March/April.

Many thanks for your reply on this!

@kristopherryanwatson  I failed to pay for 2.5 years because of lock down and being out of the country and had to pay P7000.00 + upon my return at the airport. getting ready now to pay P??? for my 13a permanent renewal.

@Enzyte Bob  I failed to pay for 2.5 years because of lock down and being out of the country and had to pay P7000.00 + upon my return at the airport. getting ready now to pay P??? for my 13a permanent renewal.

@kristopherryanwatson  I failed to pay for 2.5 years because of lock down and being out of the country and had to pay P7000.00 + upon my return at the airport. getting ready now to pay P??? for my 13a permanent renewal.

@vehicross100

My husband renewed his I ACR card,

5 Years Permanent

Resident 13A

TAGUIG CITY, SM AURA

JAN. 3rd 2023 Annual report = cost 310 pesos

Asked immigration the requirements needed for renewing his I ACR Card and needed for change address as well

Renewal of I ACR Card requirements

Copy of his valid passport

Copy of the 13A stamped on his passport

Barangay Clearance  = cost 50 peso

Affidavit of change address we get this from Notary Public =cost 200 pesos

Here's the breakdown down

ACR I-CARD FEE== 2,801 PESOS

EXPRESS LANE FEE == 500 PESOS

LEGAL RESEARCH FEE AMENDMENT FEE== 510 PESOS

EXPRESS LANE FEE ==500 PESOS

ADMINISTRATIVE FEE == 600 PESOS

EXPRESS LANE FEE == 500

According to Bureau of immigration

It will takes 1-2 months or call the number after four to six weeks.

I hope this helps

@kristopherryanwatson For my 13a annual fees I failed to report for the years 2020, 2021, 2022.

In Dumaguete they charged me:

- Annual Report ₽900

-Legal research fee ₽20

-Motion for reconsideration ₽500

-Annual report FINE ₽2,400

Plus of course the NON EXISTANT EXPRESS LANE FEE

HAHA. ₽500

TOTAL ₽4,320

Thats why they don't  update since 2014. They might have to remove that express lane fee.

I once complained in Cebu and they sent me into the boss's office. He said to me, "Are you suggesting our computers are wrong?". I said, "No sir, the computers are accurate. But the people who program them are wrong. There is no express lane. Everybody has to wait the same amount of time." ..He made me wait an extra 4 hours.

Gentlemen. May I remind you that you are in a 3rd world country? As beautiful as it may be, and it is, it comes with incompetencies. We're not in Kansas anymore. I also need help with my 13A visa also, and I hired a service to help me.  If you can get past the point of a growing country trying to compete globally, you will be fine. I've been in Mindanao for almost a month and was lucky enough to get a (5-year resident) American ex-pat to teach me the ropes. Now I enjoy the simple things in life with a wife whom I've been married to for 30 years. I thought, in this post,  we could look at the bigger picture. :)

Met some cool Filipinos here.

Lone Wolf NYC

Thanks for the latest replies on this matter as it relates to my own Inquiries in this thread.

I (finally) received my renewed Passport just this past Monday. I will now need to renew the visa stamp in my new passport.

It took just over a full month to process, but the Canadian Embassy was very diligent to follow up with me by way of occasional phone calls to provide updates.

And by the way, I did check my expired Passport. it does indeed have the visa stamp on it, so a good thing.

The challenge I presently have, is that I'll be returning home in a couple of months (Canada), and don't intend to return to the Philippines for at least 6 months. My ACR card expired in 2021, so i am wondering what should be my course of action. I acknowledge , if not mistaken, I'll have the fine to be pay for not renewing it since it expired.

If anyone has any recommendations or advice they can share in this scenario based from their own experience, please do share with me.

I will be scheduling an appointment with JRC, An excellent Immigration Consultancy Service, to navigate this situation as well and handle this for me as I prep to leave.

@vehicross100 I have the original passport with the stamp. I have had 2 passport since. I think the only problem arrises if you dont have yout card to show. It has never proved to be a problem and I have lived here 16 years

@kristopherryanwatson 2,000 per year, plus the annual 310 pesos fee that is required each year

@jngg621 2000 what? Pesos or dollars

@ronneygmccormick  I think in peso

@vehicross100 cost for renewal is about P3750 plus additional P500, time to renew ACR Card about 1 hour.

@vehicross100 cost is about P4250, picture, fingerprints, in and out 1-2 hours if senior and depends on what immigration office you go to.

@vehicross100 it has been a few years when I renewed my visa at 5 years, not expensive, the only thing you need a copy of the order making your visa permanent from probationary maybe still need it maybe not

@cmbmtb

THanks for the info. My husband has the 13A ACR Card for 5 years since 2008. He is renewing his card every 5 years. Every year my husband goes to BI in Batangas City to pay annual fee of P310.

This coming November his ACR Card will expire. When is the convenient or required days to renew before expiration? Thanks for your reply in advance.