Felon looking to live in the Philippines and possibly get married.

I have a felony on my record from about three years ago for battery. My question is, would I run into issues with visiting, acquiring a visa, getting married, or seeking gainful employment? What would be the best processes to smoothly achieve these goals? Also, are there any recommendations for employers that either hire Americans to work remotely or in the Philippines?

Welcome to the forum Truthfully.

As a US citizen you can simply rock up and get a 30 day visitor visa, I believe it could be 59 days soon if the bill goes through senate/congress or what ever they call them here.

As for getting married I have no Idea but don't put the cart before the horse. As for employment? Nada on a visitor visa, have you ever been here? The varied and available visas here will require a criminal check from your home country or if you live here for 6 months or longer can request a local NBI clearance.

OMO but you don't want to work here even with the correct visa status, I pay my electrician P700 a day, his price not mine and the laboures P500 per day and I'm told by locals that I overpay them, that's like US 9 bucks a day for a labourer.

If you have special skills in the states and want to relocate to PH then I would approach a head hunter and go from there, too difficult to secure here.

Good luck.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

I have a felony on my record from about three years ago for battery. My question is, would I run into issues with visiting, acquiring a visa, getting married, or seeking gainful employment? What would be the best processes to smoothly achieve these goals? Also, are there any recommendations for employers that either hire Americans to work remotely or in the Philippines?
-@TruthfullyPeculiar

No issue except employment. A foreigner cant be an employee here. As a general rule never compete with the locals and stay under all radars. If you dont know that already so you dont know your fiance AND her family enough. Btw you gonna be a different person bc even raising its voice is a crime here.