Marriage with Malaysian

Hi, I am an Indonesian, I have a Malaysian girlfriend (chinese), we are planning to get married next year, anyone has any experience regarding this? how is the process and how to apply for the spouse visa also? Thank you :)

https://theweddingnotebook.com/inspire/ … tep-guide/

also take wedding pictures to show immigration

Photos are very important, in fact critical in cases of elopement. Save them in the phone forever and even if you change phones, put them right back in the new one.

You didnt say but are you planning to marry with her family in Malaysia?

Apart from the link provided above, I have written much on this topic and gave step by step details for people so the information is here in the forum when a person searches.

If your wife plans to sponsor you for the LTSVP, I wrote about immigration too. There is cost, a bond, time and lots of paperwork.

Just do note a simple issue here. You can't work in Malaysia after marriage, you need to meet work permit requirements (but stamped permission on ltsvp). Indonesia she can't work without  a work permit  both Indonesia and Malaysia tru to avoid "marriages of convenience" by stopping work. So financially might be an issue if you are young.

I think people assume marriage means easy employment. At the appropriate time in my LTSVP process, I asked for a job endorsement and they ignored the request. They didnt  say NO or WHY, just ignore and byebye. End of the day, they want people to drop lots of money in the country, not pick up any and thats it.

If I had an actual job I might have forced the issue but generally I would say marrying to get a job shouldnt be the goal. Figure out money and jobs otherwise to keep the path more pure for Immigration Department decisions.

What about running your own business once married, is that easier than getting a job, if your prepared to invest

RichPop,

Thats the same thing since you need a workpass to work in your own company and guess what, you are very unlikely to get such a thing since that job is expected to go to a local.

BUT...if you are Toyota or Intel or Starbucks, thats a different story.

Many expats ran businesses from their houses with everything quiet and not talking about it publicly. The malaysian spouse, with no restrictions, set up the company at low cost and that was it. And the only reason to set up a company at all in that circumstance is that some banks, seeing the ins and outs of money, expect a company to be associated with that activity. So the spouse will always be the owner and front person, with the other one doing the work. I want to stress its not legal to work without a pass, married or not, so Im not here to recommend such practices but thats how it has worked.

@cvco works until wife throws you out keeping all your assets! Know a few that this happened too.

@Nemodot Never easy is it , but lets hope it does not come to that

@cvco The Malaysian Government do not seem to make it easy for one to invest in the country

Richpop, its easy to invest provided you send the money to the country and dont follow it.

Nemodot.....i know that can happen but the husband has a weapon and Ive seen this done. The two dont want to be married anymore and the wife demands the assets as settlement. And the child if there is one. Solution? Husband sells off what he can and then refuses to divorce ever, gets on a plane and leaves. The woman now is stuck and will be battling for years for a court-instructed divorce, figure 10 years, during which time she cant remarry and isnt getting any monthly check from the husband. The court would be for abandonment but if the husband sends a Christmas card once a year, there isnt abandonment, he might even call periodically. Now the spouse is really stuck. Meantime, he went back to his country where there is no record of the foreign marriage, re-marries and goes on with life. So, the husband says he will agree to divorce if she agrees to take nothing and thats how it can work. Im talking about Malaysia, not other places where either party may be allowed to initiate and be granted divorce.  Where this goes afoul is when, like in Thailand, the assets were all in the wifes name and SHE sells off everything and runs. Not uncommon. I have not personally heard of this in Malaysia where the wife is usually more invested in the marriage and thinking less about outright theft. Whether the two are married or not, the relationships have to be strong to support my original idea, not something one does one drunken night in a bar, obviously.