SMM2H Approval Time and Process

Hi

I have applied for SMM2H visa in February 2023. My agent told me it will take max 90 days to get it and collected MYR 8K as a non refundable deposit followed by an agreement stating that I will have to pay MYR 5K upon approval. The agent sent me an acknowledgement letter from Sarawak Tourism Ministry as a proof of my application launched and under processing. It has been more than 90days.when I asked my agent about the delay they say its government delay and they can't do anything. Could anyone explain how long it will take to process SMM2H application, how it will be done , how much it will cost and how do I track my application ? Hope its not a scam. If yes, then what should I do ? Appreciate your help . Thank you

@Cgdbbmw its not a scam, but Malaysian govt not happy for foreigners to come to this country,  if you have any other option better apply there.

@Park Somin thank you for your reply. In such cases, the agent shouldn't be accepting my application knowing my nationality and promising me getting the visa. I just contacted them and they still say no problem. Is there any authority / official ministry domain to check the status using the number given in SMM2H acknowledgement letter?

@Cgdbbmw...we applied in August 2022

Approval lettern cam in in August 2023.

End of  sep we came to kuching an had our passports stamped.all thankz to our agents amramez

@Cgdbbmw I think you can check from the authorities from which your agent gave you submission letter. But unfortunately Malaysia is not a good option for foreigners anymore especially for some Asian countries whose citizens are working as labourers in this country.

@zareena mahomed congratulations.  Could you please help to share your agents name and contact details.  Perhaps, I could engage them for getting visa . Appreciate it. Cheers

@Park Somin not sure about that . It could be your point of view. Being as a Singaporen,  I prefer to stay closer to my home country . Secondly, I bought a property  in Malaysia 5 yrs ago before covid under developers promise to get mm2h and covid came then everything became standstill since then. I can't sell my property now except to settle down here in Malaysia.  Hope you understand. 

@Park Somin

Mr or Ms Park

Please be more responsible to say that the Malaysian Government does not welcome foreigners.

Then why and how did you manage to be able to stay here in Malaysia.

Do you have truthful proof that show that the Malaysian Government does not welcome foreigners to live peacefully in Malaysia?

@Cgdbbmw sometimes the government really delay it

@Peter Chong honey i am not staying in Malaysia anymore. I saw there many difficulties for foreign investors and paying taxes there is waste of money. Legal work in govt offices need extra money to speed up the work. I can understand its the culture which is called minum. There are 3 states inside in a state and every state have its own immigration laws very confusing. Sabah, sarawak and KL. No doubt its a very beautiful country but unfortunately foreigners are not welcome with open heart.

@Renz MC  I am concerned about 1 Yr delay knowing others had it within a month or so ..

As a MM2H 2010 qnd renewed in June 2020 for 10 years, alot has changed, its not that foreigners are not welcome, rather its not as friendly as use to be in 2010. we found a huge change in 2019 onwards but  Malaysia is safe. so long as you dont interfere in politics and manage your own Business. we have 2 businesses but do not focus on the local market as its what i call a ”how much”  mindset. Quality is not important here nor is speed to get things done. it's  money fIrst but not when they have to pay. So your delay in approval is nothing to do with the Agent but the governemnt who work slow. patience helps. thats my opinion as a MM2K and the Sarawak program is better, safer but time consuming.

@Cgdbbmw I don't know of anyone recently  that got it done in one month from agent submission to the release of the Letter of Approval. There are some that have waited 14-16 months. So don't think that the agent is necessarily swindling you. But if they told you originally "one month" they were truly naive or over-selling the the time for approval. Back in 2017 one could get the visa in one month if you were really lucky and avoided holidays, had a fully complete application, and happened to hit the approval meetings at the right time. But since 2021  there has been a fllod of applications, with some perhaps sketchy in terms of financials and evidence of wanting to live in Sarawak.

Some of those long delayed in the application process recently did get approvals.

I want to know update of SMM2H Sarawak details please .

Thank you

Syed Neaz Mahmud