New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Malaysia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Malaysia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Thanks Julien !

Hi

This is Neyl, trying to move with the whole family to malaysia through mtep program.

i would be glad if someone could provide tips

many thanks

Hi this is sehr trying to move to Malaysia and find work so I can settle there with my family.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

For a good start on the forum, feel free to read the Living in Malaysia guide for expats. It contains all essentiel infos about moving to Malaysia.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello,

Hi, I plan to use KL as a base for 4 months of travel in SE asia and am looking for input on how to find a rental property.

Thank you

@Julien

Greetings everyone, this is Paul. My wife and i are retired and love Asia. We are traveling for 3 months in Asia as of Jan '25. We will spend time in Vietnam and Malaysia in hopes of finding the best location for us to spend a year or so.

We have found this website to be an excellent source of information and help.

Best to all

@Julien

Hi Julien, thank you for this.

Hi everyone,

My name is Narelle. I am an expat and I have lived here ever since 2009. Prior to this, I have lived and worked in Hong Kong, Australia and Singapore.

We have put 4 children through school here.

We have lived in two different neighbourhoods in northwest KL and we now live in our forever house also in northwest KL.

While we are expats, we live like the locals and we love it here.

We are not sure what the current employment landscape is like but we are happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to drop us a line and we shall answer as soon as we see it.

Cheers.

Hi

We are a couple from the UK, starting to look at retiring to Malaysia. We may actually move before then as my wife is looking for a position in an international school.

We have been to Malaysia a few times and it's seems to be the place for us. Still deciding between KL, Penang, Johor and maybe Ipoh.

@mickeypeach

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to start your own thread on the Malaysia forum to seek advice from members already there.

All the best

Bhavna

Which kind of material/patterns do you prefer?

Maybe you can try this website and find your favorite.

https://www.lazada.com.my/shop/xingzhe-1713263350

Hi Myself Sheetal Rawat I am qualified CA moved Malaysia in November 2022 with my spouse looking for a job.

Please let me know if anyone can help

I have more than 6 years of experience in banking and Ca Firm

Easy adaptable.

@sheetalrawat0211

Hello and welcome !

You will find, in the Finding a job and working in Malaysia article some recruitment websites at the very bottom. Feel free to browse through these websites and create your CV in our Jobs in Malaysia section.

All the best

Bhavna