Good news! Entering Thailand as a nonvaccinated visitor/tourist

A friend Of mine visiting from Canada returned to Vietnam tonight  from his air-border run to Bangkok, Thailand.
His only requirements to enter Thailand (without enduring a quarantine), were

1) a PCR negative test result taken within 72 hours prior to departure (~750K Vietnamese Dong, about $35)

2) a Thailand Pass (free)

3) $10K USD insurance ($19)

4) and his passport.

He is not vaccinated.

Incidentally, the only requirements upon his return to Vietnam were his e-Visa ($25), and his passport.
No vaccination(s), no PCR test, no mandatory insurance, no contact tracing app to install on his phone, and no health declaration.
In a word (his), "Painless".

Hi Guys as of July 1 Thailand just got easier
I think it is official but check it to make sure

Thailand's entry requirements from 1 July 2022: Thailand Pass removed

Also lifting an US$10,000 health insurance requirement, thus welcoming all travellers with proof of either a certificate of vaccination or a pre-arrival negative RT-PCR or professional ATK test result.
@plegrove
Thank you for the update!
Here is the link

@Aidan in HCMC why would anyone travel unvaccinated and put the local population at risk ... mind boggling

@Aidan in HCMC why would anyone travel unvaccinated and put the local population at risk ... mind boggling

- @LAZARUSDAL

If we follow your line of reasoning, boggled as it may be, we can only assume that by allowing unfettered access to the kingdom by nonvaccinated travellers, that...

a) The Thai gov't health officials are incompetent

or

b) The Thai gov't health officials are intentionally putting their citizens at risk.

Clearly neither of these two scenarios are realistic.
What is much more likely is that the health authorities have determined that the local population will not be at risk by exposure to nonvaccinated visitors. Either that, or following your logic, we have choice b).

But it's not just the Thai gov't. Nonvaccinated travellers can enter Laos (PCR test), Cambodia (short quarantine for nonvacc), and Vietnam (zero covid restrictions).

Add to this list other countries which have abandoned vaccine certificates.
Austria
France (yet?)
Sweden
UK
Ireland
Lithuania
Czech Rep.
Denmark
Bulgaria
Switzerland
Finland (tomorrow)

There are more. I encourage you to read, from one of expat.com 's contributors, this recent article.

I know, I know. It's confusing trying to keep up with that "science" thingy.

On a side note, and not meaning to sound pedantic, I would suggest that people use "nonvaccinated", as opposed to "unvaccinated". The reason being that I'm quite sure once they put that stuff in me, there's no way to get it back out (to undo it).

I do like your moniker, Lazarus. Immediately brought to mind two figures. The first was that friend of J.C. who was raised from the dead after 4 days of being, ahem, unalive. The second was the hero from Heinlein's novel "Time Enough for Love". Unlike the biblical Laz, Heinlein's never dies nor grows old. Both, IMHO, very pleasant fantasies.

- @LAZARUSDAL

If we follow your line of reasoning, boggled as it may be, we can only assume that by allowing unfettered access to the kingdom by nonvaccinated travellers, that...

or

b) The Thai gov't health officials are intentionally putting their citizens at risk.

What is much more likely is that the health authorities have determined that the local population will not be at risk by exposure to nonvaccinated visitors. Either that, or following your logic, we have choice b).

But it's not just the Thai gov't. Nonvaccinated travellers can enter Laos (PCR test), Cambodia (short quarantine for nonvacc), and Vietnam (zero covid restrictions).

Austria
France (yet?)
Sweden
UK
Ireland
Lithuania
Czech Rep.
Denmark
Bulgaria
Switzerland
Finland (tomorrow)

There are more. I encourage you to read, from one of expat.com 's contributors, this recent article.

On a side note, and not meaning to sound pedantic, I would suggest that people use "nonvaccinated", as opposed to "unvaccinated". The reason being that I'm quite sure once they put that stuff in me, there's no way to get it back out (to undo it).

I do like your moniker, Lazarus. Immediately brought to mind two figures. The first was that friend of J.C. who was raised from the dead after 4 days of being, ahem, unalive. The second was the hero from Heinlein's novel "Time Enough for Love". Unlike the biblical Laz, Heinlein's never dies nor grows old. Both, IMHO, very pleasant fantasies.
- @Aidan in HCMC
Neighbouring countries skipped the requirement to be fully vaccinated, and Thailand was afraid to lose tourists. So, Thailand did the same. It's as simple as that.

- @LAZARUSDAL

or

Austria
France (yet?)
Sweden
UK
Ireland
Lithuania
Czech Rep.
Denmark
Bulgaria
Switzerland
Finland (tomorrow)

- @Aidan in HCMC
Neighbouring countries skipped the requirement to be fully vaccinated, and Thailand was afraid to lose tourists. So, Thailand did the same. It's as simple as that.
- @Leeds forever!

So what you're suggesting is, essentially, choice b)? Really?
( ie. that the Thai health officials are not incompetent, rather choice, (b). The Thai gov't health officials are intentionally putting their citizens at risk )

And what of the other nations listed in the expat.com article?
Choice b) as well? All for economic reasons, "putting at risk" the "local population", their own citizens, and not due to the waning threat from the pandemic?

- @LAZARUSDAL

or

Austria
France (yet?)
Sweden
UK
Ireland
Lithuania
Czech Rep.
Denmark
Bulgaria
Switzerland
Finland (tomorrow)

- @Aidan in HCMC
- @Leeds forever!

So what you're suggesting is, essentially, choice b)? Really?
( ie. that the Thai health officials are not incompetent, rather choice, (b). The Thai gov't health officials are intentionally putting their citizens at risk )

And what of the other nations listed in the expat.com article?
Choice b) as well? All for economic reasons, "putting at risk" the "local population", their own citizens, and not due to the waning threat from the pandemic?
- @Aidan in HCMC
It seems you and others are missing the fact that from tomorrow July 1, covid-19 is in Thailand officially an endemic. It means people will still get infected by covid-19,but will be treated the same way as people with for example the common flu.
There is no reason, except for health related issues, that anyone should NOT be vaccinated. The data overwhelmingly shows that being vaccinated significantly reduces the chances of becoming infected as well as reducing the risk to those around you.

It is unbelievably selfish to expect others around you to take the precautions rather than you, including the Thai government.

If you choose to become a walking petri dish for the virus to grow, mutate and infect those around you please stay away.
@Aidan in HCMC very good, however how long is it going to be before they realise the new rules - ie no masks, etc as I went to 2 banks today and the armed guard insisted I wear a mask

Also many strange looks from masked people in supermarkets or stores as i dont have a mask on

@LAZARUSDAL   with the latest data I would argue that the jabbed (as its not even a vaccine) are the ones responsible for the thing mutating so much and being transmissible easier- if one shot as promised didn't work and some are now up to 6 jabs , i rest my case

@Aidan in HCMC very good, however how long is it going to be before they realise the new rules - ie no masks, etc as I went to 2 banks today and the armed guard insisted I wear a mask

Also many strange looks from masked people in supermarkets or stores as i dont have a mask on
- @blackjack2010

The cancelled mask mandate is only outdoors. Every store or establishment have the right to come up with their own rules. If there's a sign on the door to a pharmacy saying "Please wear a mask.", then that's what you have to do. Same with supermarkets,other stores or malls.
I am a regular at a Lotus Go Fresh store just around the corner. I have tested going in without my mask a couple of times just to see the reaction. It depends on the cashier.

@LAZARUSDAL   with the latest data I would argue that the jabbed (as its not even a vaccine) are the ones responsible for the thing mutating so much and being transmissible easier- if one shot as promised didn't work and some are now up to 6 jabs , i rest my case

- @blackjack2010

No one has ever said that only one shot would work. Maybe you don't understand that the booster shots won't make you immune against new variants, but you won't get very sick and don't need to be hospitalized. That's maybe the most important thing.

@Leeds forever! sir, I have been researching this with the best since Nov 2019 when it first appeared. You knowledge seems to be based on the media driven garbage that says the jab lessons the decease in some way and there is absolutely no data to advise you of that. There is media BS.
If you go back to the beginning Pfizer said, to get their concoctions approved under Emergency Use Only (EUO) were 90-95% effective and this was and still is completely false - as we now know after 2 years jabs are needed and with the Israeli studies we find the jabs have less effect that natural immunity.

Masks according to the Health Minister of Thailand were never mandated by him. It was the media pushing its agenda and according to a royal decree as of July 1st 2022 all mandates are not enforced - This will take time to filter down as it was not widely made news and of course the media has a paid for agenda to keep the jabs and masks going.

I have done talks are clubs and asked the simple question of can anyone produce a manufactures endorsement of the common particle masks stopping a virus and even offer money to anyone that could produce such information and none could

I asked the TGA (Australian FDA Food and Drug Admin) to supply the ISA test results for the mask testing and they to state that they are not virus protection and so absolutely nothing to protect any person

2 + years of research now show that the knee jerk reactions in the World resulted in nothing but the financial mess we are in today

Unfortunately, the 3rd phase of all this created mess is psychological and the most vulnerable are the kids - expect more issues in this area

K

@blackjack2010 there are now 2 more variants - this has never happened before in such a short time frame = seasonal flu is handled by the immune system and some chose to have a fluvax - your choice but this was only once a year - right - now people are have 6 jabs a year - and so the virus mutates more quickly - play with Pandora's box and expect the unexpected

@Leeds forever! sir, I have been researching this with the best since Nov 2019 when it first appeared. You knowledge seems to be based on the media driven garbage that says the jab lessons the decease in some way and there is absolutely no data to advise you of that. There is media BS.
If you go back to the beginning Pfizer said, to get their concoctions approved under Emergency Use Only (EUO) were 90-95% effective and this was and still is completely false - as we now know after 2 years jabs are needed and with the Israeli studies we find the jabs have less effect that natural immunity.

Masks according to the Health Minister of Thailand were never mandated by him. It was the media pushing its agenda and according to a royal decree as of July 1st 2022 all mandates are not enforced - This will take time to filter down as it was not widely made news and of course the media has a paid for agenda to keep the jabs and masks going.

I have done talks are clubs and asked the simple question of can anyone produce a manufactures endorsement of the common particle masks stopping a virus and even offer money to anyone that could produce such information and none could

I asked the TGA (Australian FDA Food and Drug Admin) to supply the ISA test results for the mask testing and they to state that they are not virus protection and so absolutely nothing to protect any person

2 + years of research now show that the knee jerk reactions in the World resulted in nothing but the financial mess we are in today

Unfortunately, the 3rd phase of all this created mess is psychological and the most vulnerable are the kids - expect more issues in this area

K
- @blackjack2010

Excuse me,but you're just another moron. Stop spreading nonsens. A piece of advice,stay in your hole and believe what other morons says.

@LAZARUSDAL Because it is a lie that the experimentatl, mutagenic jab irresponsibly called a vaccine actually does anything to prevent transmission or lesson your symptoms. Natural immunity as an unvaccinated person is significantly better for the entire world. Why would anyone travel as a "vaccinated" tourist and put the local population at risk is a better question. According to the Israeli study, natural immunity is 13 times more effective than being vaccinated.  Just answering your question. You are free to believe whatever you want, but it is incredibly arrogant to think your beliefs are the correct ones simply because you think they are, or some talking head at a legacy media channel or captured health authority told you so.

@Leeds forever!  dear sir, I can tell what an avid researcher you are, when you can pull yourself away from the telly

As of yesterday we have the following: from the USA Government and the CDC, Im sure you know who they are and if not these are the branch of governemtn that advises the hospitals and government on the infection, vaccines, jabs, protocol.

Its OK to call me a moron, however there are some here that like to know what they are putting in the body and so this is for those morons to

todays news = Fauci (head of the CDC) Concedes COVID-19 Vaccines ‘Don't Protect Overly Well' Against Infection
and   Natural Immunity 97 Percent Effective Against Severe COVID-19 After 14 Months: Study
@Leeds forever!   i just love this reply as its nothing but opinion, there is absolutely no substance or data in your post.

back to the bar stool eh?
Hello
This isn't to anyone in particular just to the thread.
Personally, I'm sold on the vaccination and I'll give reasons why.
I made out with a lady in Thailand actually went all the way and
she said she wasn't feeling well.

The next day she tested positive for Covid so I tested and I came
out negative even after deep kissing etc. (Pardon the imagery)

I have a family member that is an anti vaxxer and I am around
him all the time. He has caught covid 3x. And I still have yet to
catch it.

The vax are certainly not full proof but then what is.