Help us update Vietnam guide

Dear members of the Vietnam forum,

I hope you're doing well. Our editorial team is hard at work and we're looking to update and review Vietnam guide before the end of the year. We would like to better cater to your needs and as such, are asking YOU what you would like to see included in our next update.

Are there any specifics about Vietnam that we overlooked in the current guide? Is there something you wish you knew before moving to Vietnam that you could not find in Vietnam guide? If you are looking to move to Vietnam, is there any information that you would need that you don't see included in the current guide?

The team is looking forward to hearing from you.

Dear members of the Vietnam forum,

I hope you're doing well. Our editorial team is hard at work and we're looking to update and review Vietnam guide before the end of the year. We would like to better cater to your needs and as such, are asking YOU what you would like to see included in our next update.

Are there any specifics about Vietnam that we overlooked in the current guide? Is there something you wish you knew before moving to Vietnam that you could not find in Vietnam guide? If you are looking to move to Vietnam, is there any information that you would need that you don't see included in the current guide?

The team is looking forward to hearing from you.

- @Veedushi
Hi Veedushi,

Here is the link to The Vietnam Guide for those who don't know how or where to find it.

Cheers!

O.B.
I used the link from OB and took a look for the first time at The Vietnam Guide.   The Visa section is seriously dated and has no mention of the relatively new E-visa.   The banking section had this comment from someone we know, I do believe:  "I find the information on this page and others for newcomers is partially correct and partially incorrect. Of course I could be wrong because I am a foreigner and only lived and worked here for 7 years."  Another observation I made was that almost all of the comments were by posters that I had never seen on the forum, with exception noted above.   It seems that the Forum and the Guide are visited by an entirely different set of expats.  The major problem with the Forum is finding a topic that was discussed several months ago. If it could be helped with a decent search function, the Forum would be a much more useful tool as it is effectively being updated all the time unlike the Guide which is static unless updated.   
@THIGV & @GOB

We would like to go through the guide and update it, starting from July 1st

Could you pick a topic/subject you have current info on or good info and post it, we will then  send it to Admin from Vietnam members to update the guide

Some ideas for topics

Banking in Vietnam
Transferring money in & out
Paying tax in vietnam
Transport link for getting around
Visa
TRC
Marriage
Useful Apps
Dstricts of HCMC
Districs of Hanoi
Buying a Bike
Convert your Licence
Electrical goods and Vietnam
Whats available in Vietnam
Medications how to see if available in Vietnam
Hospitals

add/delete give your input - send to us by open post or PM OB or Myself
@THIGV & @GOB

Could you pick a topic/subject you have current info on or good info and post it, we will then  send it to Admin from Vietnam members to update the guide

Some ideas for topics

Banking in Vietnam
Paying tax in vietnam
Visa
TRC
Marriage
Useful Apps
Dstricts of HCMC
Districs of Hanoi
Buying a Bike
Convert your Licence
Hospitals

- @Andybris2020

A few other topics could be:

How to deal with difficult VN neighbours in hems/apartments.
How to deal with know-all expats.
How to avoid dodgy visa agents.
How to know when a local is lying to you.
@THIGV & @GOB

Some ideas for topics

Banking in Vietnam
Paying tax in vietnam
Visa
TRC
Marriage
Useful Apps
Dstricts of HCMC
Districs of Hanoi
Buying a Bike
Convert your Licence
Hospitals

- @Andybris2020

A few other topics could be:

How to deal with difficult VN neighbours in hems/apartments.
How to deal with know-all expats.
How to avoid dodgy visa agents.
How to know when a local is lying to you.
- @colinoscapee

A 1000 words or less on any topic you have knowledge on tks :)
- @THIGV

Anyone who has current accurate information in a concise manner is welcome to put their information forward - once collated the information will be posted topic by topic for review for Members to check it is relivant and true, then will be submittted to Admin for updating the guide.

There is a guide? 1f62e.svg Who knew! 1f920.svg
Hello everyone,

Please note that some posts have been removed from this thread.

Could you please focus on Veedushi's message and avoid unnessasery debates?

Thank you,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Howdy 1f920.svg pardner, I don't know what was deleted, but are the moderators cracking down on off-topic silliness, while at the same time encouraging volunteers to update the website?

I never knew there was a guide, everyone was always instructed "Search the old posts!".

I am happy to review especially if there is a way to link to relevant sections, so that when we get the same old questions, we can just link to the same old answer. 1f434.svg1f3dc.svg
are the moderators cracking down on off-topic silliness, while at the same time encouraging volunteers to update the website?
WELL SAID...YES
I am happy to review especially if there is a way to link to relevant sections, so that when we get the same old questions, we can just link to the same old answer. 1f434.svg1f3dc.svg
- @gobot
That's definitely the hope, P.

Andy and I have been spending a lot of time behind the scenes brainstorming the best way to do just that.

Updating the articles in the current city & country guides would seem to be the best way to do that, but that's turning out to be a bit more difficult than we imagined, as there is a third-party writer involved, and currently all changes must be submitted first to admin who then submit the changes they greenlight to the writer.

So the process is already complicated enough for those of us who are volunteering our time to try and make it happen.

So yes, we (advisor/me and expert/Andy) immediately report off-topic silliness to the overworked admin team and try our best to keep threads such as this on-point and relevant.

O.B.
Expat team
It looks like interest in this thread dropped right off after moderation.   No posts for a week.  That's just an objective fact.   Our experts can like it all they want but deletions tend to kill threads (That's an opinion. 1f920.svg)
- @THIGV
Your critical posts are noted.

Since you are listed as a ★★★★★ VIP member of the forum since 26 September 2012, one would hope that you could find at least one subject to re-write with updated, current information; Immigration law changes since July 1st, 2020 perhaps?

Based on the information you tend to share in off-topic comments, it would seem that you have a wealth of knowledge about all things Việt Nam.

Andy (Vietnam Expert) and I both look forward to your assistance.

Feel free to PM either one of us.

O.B.
(Vietnam advisor)