Reunion VISA rejection

Hi guys, I applied for a reunification VISA last year December but saw the message that I was rejected 2 days ago. Last month, March, I was given an admission to Ghent university and I'm thinking on reapplying again but this time, for a student VISA.
I don't know how long an appeal will take and I'm not sure if reapplying for a Student VISA is a good idea since they already have my data for reunion then not so long, student VISA again.
Please, I'm open to suggestions
Hello,

well... they're not complete moron at the immigration...
If you did a family reunion and then you try to be a """fake""" student, they're not likely to grant the visa.
You'll be suspected from the beginning...

And if the family reunion visa has been denied, 99% of the time is because of lack of money.
But as a student you MUST show yourself enough money, so...
It's the snake that bites its tail...

Better improve the file and do a new family reunion visa...

@olajideabiola239 what was the reason for rejection?

@AlexFromBelgium Alex, thank you for the clarification. I understand your point. If I am applying for a student visa. I have enough money to support this. The school will resume in September. I need to resume with them, I don't want to wait for another 7-9 months for a decision if i apply for a family reunion visa. I already asked the school; I was told to pay 12,000 Euro into a block account which I don't mind doing. That is my point. Not that I am a fake student. No...... The family reunion thing takes times, (the reason for rejection, I don't know yet, my husband changed apartment in between and took a sublet for a few weeks when his housing contract ended with the university - can't be renewed before getting another place).

I am considering time.

@Kendy Makere I am still waiting for TLS to contact me to come for my passport and other information about the rejection. #sorry, I was using my husband's account. Just saw that.

@Emmanuel Olajide yes but you said u applied for a 40ter...this is not the right visa because you are nonEU

@Kendy Makere Sorry, I mistakenly signed in with my husband's email (this is olajideabiola239). Not a 40ter visa. It's a type D family reunification visa.

@abiola esther there is 40ter and 10ter..which one did you apply for?

@Kendy Makere FAMILY REUNIFICATION WITH A NON-EU CITIZEN (art 10).

you're saying that you've to resume, so it means you're already in Belgium or ...?
I need some clarification...

But if you have enough savings and if you have and a university registration it might work.
I would advice to explain the situation in your cover letter: why family reunion, are you really a student blablabla

@abiola esther I meant art10. Ok your partner said 40ter initially.  Would like to know why u got rejected though.

@AlexFromBelgium Let me clarify.

I am not in Belgium, I am in Nigeria. My partner is in Belgium, when he was traveling back Belgium, we applied together for the visa, he got his visa after 2-days, and decision was taken on mine after 6 months (REJECTED). If I get my passport back and see the reason for the rejection, applying again will not work for me. I don't want to wait for another 6-9 months, I will miss classes. 
For my masters' admission at UGent, classes will start in September. So instead of reapplying again for family reunion visa to join my partner, I have enough money saved already, I can travel with my student status-this will be faster.