New members of the Sri Lanka forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sri Lanka forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sri Lanka if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien Hi

Hi
Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.Com!
Please note that this is the new member thread and it will be much appreciated if you introduce yourself.
One word posts should be avoided.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Hi I'm Michael now living and working in Sri lanka

@Julien

Hello everybody,  My name is Tony, my wife (the boss) is Olga, and my daughter (the real boss) is Sasha. We will be moving to Sri Lanka mid to late January (23).

We love to SCUBA (I am an Instructor and my wife is a Divemaster), freedive and travel.

We are coming to Sri Lanka for the warmth, swimming / diving and relaxation.

I will look for some work once we are settled in, Electrician, ROV Pilot/tech and dive instructor.

As we are complete Sri Lanka newbies, we would welcome any advice.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Beautiful country, sweet people, troubled governance. But of course you know that.

Bring battery operated lighting, ideally solar, and fans if you can find such. Also mosquito nets, (I found them difficult to locate last year) dengue is rampant, and I have yet to see a house with screens. My wife just spent a week in the hospital, (days in ICU)  with dengue.

Hi Tony, we live in the Hill Country in Sri Oanka, we are English... there is very little dengue up in the hills, and we have very few mosquitos. Sri Lanka has its troubles, but the people are welcoming. If you want a chance to acclimatise a little, then do contact us  we would be happy to help. Cheers, Sally and Jerry

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1012890

Thanks!

Closed