Hi everybody

Hello,

I'm new here so first I want to say hello everybody. In 14  days i'll travel to Sri Lanka....I'll want to find a work there, I don't know if is difficult or not something about tourism, anybody has any idea? Which area can be easy to go? I'm looking for an appartment, which area is better.....any information can be great for me!!!

Thanks

Hi Annetacm!

Welcome to Expat.com!
Your post is now on the Sri Lanka forum for better visibility.

Regards
Armand

Thank you very much!!!

Hi Annetacm

It all depends what sort of work you are looking for and trust me, its not easy for foreigners to get a job in Sri Lanka due to high salary expectations, working environment, etc etc.

For a start you can try searching for jobs through topjobs.lk and email your cv with a covering letter mentioning your date of arrival. It will make the employer feel that you are serious about it. Try LinkedIn Sri Lankan Groups and see if you can find anything over there, at least you will get to know a few people.

Apartment in Colombo 3, 4 , 5 and 7 will cost you from USD $500 to $800. In case you want luxury, starts from USD $800 and goes up too USD $2000.

Hi,

I could help you to sort out accommodation, silentnquiet right about the locations and prices where most expats live around, and it will make your life style easy for shopping , restaurants, entertainment, safety, transportation, etc.. also depend on your job and location. Wish you good luck :)

Ray

Thank you veru much.
I'm looking for something about tourism, resorts, tour operators...I speak few languages so maybe can be easy. I travel with one Maldivian guy who is kite instructor but he needs to pass and IKO lisence, so I think we need to move around the beaches not in Colombo, he needs also a job.
About salary so...something right to can live....
We don't need luxuryes.

So...and adventure starts....I'm scared!!!

haha i know how you feel going to new place, beaches i can recommend galle, Negambo,  For kite surfing place call Kalpitya
but its not developed are iv been there met some Aussie guys  said its quite expensive Kite surfing courses, even i find hard to stay being local, if you search on net should able to find it, regards accommodation I got contacts mostly in Colombo, Not on those areas :( , But i could try for you.  also you could check in lankaholidays.com and lankapropertyweb.com

Cheers,
Ray

Hi Ray,

Thank you very much for your information and help...all the information is so good. At the beginning i think we'll be in Colombo or Negombo...then we'll move for the south.

Thank you very much!!!!

Hi all!

SilentnQuiet wrote:

Apartment in Colombo 3, 4 , 5 and 7 will cost you from USD $500 to $800. In case you want luxury, starts from USD $800 and goes up too USD $2000.

How much is it to rent a home in these areas?

Housing will cost you a little less, sea facing or close to the beach will cost you from USD $300 to $500 a month depending on the space, number of rooms, parking, etc.

We probably do not have nearly the sea. Interestingly parks and safety that you could go out with any of my daughters!
how much are these homes? and how to find them?
and which areas are best?

Yo asag,

Buzz me and let me know what you exactly wanted, will guide you for better deal :)

Cheers,
Ray

Hi annetcam,

thats better plan , 1st you get to know colombo then u can find out rest, and sri lankans  quite helpful , easy to get info :)

Wish you good luck

Hi Ray Smith!
I'm just trying to understand - what is right for me, through communication. Because I understand that there is a very expensive rent, and there are optimal!
  That's what the forum :)

Hi,

I think Colombo or Negombo is better for a start and there are some online groups where you can meet more expats to discuss...

I am a spoen Sinhalese (Sri Lankan language) teacher.

Sri Lanka is a place full of friendly people and you won't feel alone...

if you have any queries, feel free to drop a line on email to [email protected] or text or call on 0777749502.

Have a safe journey in to the paradise...

Shenal