Here we come !!

Hello there,

My fiancee and I (Kieron and Sofia)have decided to move to Sri Lanka. !!!

While I would like to say that there is more to the story than that, unfortunately at this point there is not.

As a couple in late our thirties and with professional backgrounds, we have procrastinated for some time about moving overseas. Having decided that as opposed to moving once we have found the right place we have just put a date on it and are relocating prior to December this year.

We have little in the way of contacts in Sri Lanka and although we have some savings will need to work soon after moving, so we really will be moving on a whim !!!.

While many will have the opinion that (and we fully understand) this is relatively irresponsible and perhaps not well thought out or planned, our sense of adventure has prevailed. We have both lived abroad before so we are accustomed to and welcome cultural change.

The research that we have done leads us to believe that Sri Lanka while not the promise land is one of significant beauty and cultural pleasantries.

If anyone has any tips or advice to help us prepare for what may be in store (good or bad)we would sincerely like to hear from you.

The worst that can happen is we explore a new country !!!

Thanks so much for any time that you take to respond.

Kieron and Sofia

Dear Kieran & Sofia
saw your post ..........I have few plans few  Tourism
projects in Mind like to get involve
some people ............I work with Tourism promotion Bureau
if interested ......mail me - [email protected]
rgds ...............jude

well as a srilankan,i warmly welcome you both!! and during your stay incolombo i can help you guys with travelling etc.i dont need any monetary benifits etc.just need some good friens .hope to hear from you guys.
cheers

hello

i live in colombo. pls do get in touch when you come here, if you need any help.

dimitri

Hi,
I am A srilankan.I have lived in USA and UK for sometime.If you need any help please let me know.
Kind regards,
Ravindra Rohan.

Hi Kieron and Sofia,

I read your blog and any other time I'd think you're crazy but funnily enough, my husband and I are doing the same! We're moving to Colombo at the end of Dec 11 and as far as I'm concerned we just have to take the plunge and go there. We're committed to making it work and doing our best to live there long term. We've been told that we're crazy but my parents moved to Swaziland and then Zambia from Bangladesh in the early 80's without having all the info available that we have on the internet nowadays.
I too thought that Sri Lanka seemed like a great place to live- after reading about it and hearing about it- for an English speaker it seems like it has the best of Asia don't you think?

I suppose our work makes it easier as we both work in sales-so so long as we have a good internet connection, we're fine!

What sort of jobs will you guys be looking for?

Areeba

Hi,
gret to see the comments of course dont worry now Sri Lanka is safe and very beautiful island in Indian ocen.U all are wormly well come any help if u want contac  [email protected]