Building on the ocean in the Ceiba area

I'm seeking advice and recommendations on building on the ocean front close to Ceiba please!  Also, considering my Spanish is not good.

Have you visited La Ceiba ? There's a direct beachfront home under construction right now in Phase 5 of La Ceiba Beach Club.

Hi Larry,

We have communicated in the past. Stop by my house in Sambo Creek and I can tell you the good the bad and the ugly.

Steve 5th house from the right

Hey, I just got back to the states yesterday.  I planning on coming back in February for about 4 weeks.  My intentions is to start building.  I have my blue prints done.  Do you have Whats app?

*** what...

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey Steve to you have a app called "Whats app" on your phone?  It allows you to make international calls for free? my number is ***,  this is also my WhatsApp number. I tried calling that number ***,  I got a message saying that not a what's app number.  Or maybe I don't know what im done :/

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.

I've lived in Honduras many years ,several of those years in Roatan.  Biggest issue u will have is , Don't use logic . Don't trust anyone . Get someone how can understand and stick to your cost . The Extras will kill U if u don't get an hr price an a good idea what it will cost . The other thing is using cheap crap.Eg  materials not suited for the salt air . Don't let materials sit around . Don't let the contractor keep sending u to get shit he doesn't have or need . Confusion will rob u blind . No contractor is your friend . Suckin U in for a cheap price then complaining when the can't come through . U could be sued and it will take u for ever to get on track again .make sure u get the permite  in your name Not the contractors name   . Get a time frame , with penalties if it's there fault .  I've Built here and I won't let anyone else build without my supervision . Don't let anyone drink on site during work hrs . Be struck but be fare .

Wow, thank you!!!!!!!  Very interesting information!

Great advice!

@larryjamesa

Hi
I'm are involved in developing a beach front community just to the west of la Ceiba.

I'm not a contractor, but I do provide oversight between contractor and homeowner. I'm American, fully bilingual and have lived in Honduras for 10 years. I****

What advice do you need?

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please do not publish your contact details on the forum + advertising your services is strictly prohibited on the website.
@donkey1965 I agree with some of this lol. If you don't speak Spanish and will not be living here the entire time to oversee work then hire someone like myself to oversee the work. Ask for references....even on me! Don't trust anyone just because they are American or Canadian. Do background checks. Talk to previous clients. Never pay out money than the next step allows for and demand proof of completion for each step before paying for the next.

Qualify materials is a must even if it means importing.... which I do often.

See my reply