Is a dress code in honduras?

I read some where it is frowned upon in honduras if you are wearing shorts?  Do you have to wear pants in the city(La Ceiba)?

I lived on the beach and spend most of my time wearing nothing but shorts. But when I go into town I prefer to wear pants because people have more respect for you. Some Hondurans wear shorts but they are usually knee-length. No one is going to stop you from wearing shorts but it does seem to draw some unwelcome attention and I just feel better about things when I'm more well-dressed.

As a honduran, I recommend you try to blend in, not stand out as gringo (gringo is not a bad word. its the only word)
jeans and tshirts are ok. If youre wearing shorts, no hawaian shirt!
;)

Good advice from Jorge.

Rely were are you hearing this rediculious story you were what you want anywhere anytime and for us shorts are the ideal wordrobe it warm there all the time even when it rains the water is warm just a bit chilly if the wind picks up

No, there is no dress code..you can wear shorts

I agree with jorge777  there is no dress code, but usually people like to dress up a little; some jeans and tshirt or knee lenght shorts  will help not to drag too much attention towards you

Who cares? The Hondurans dress so tasteless it's not important, well unless you plan to go to some dive bars and pickup some putas...

Dress code? Yes but it doesn't pertain to shorts ! Do NOT flaunt a lot of jewelry.  Other than that, beach and casual outings, shorts are fine. Downtown/ business atmosphere, long pants are the norm ............. unless you are on one of the Bay Islands, then shorts & sandals are acceptable & common EVERYWHERE.