TODD HOTEL IN NEW ZEALAND

I have received an appointment letter from TODD HOTEL, NEWZEALAND as a FINANCE MANAGER and I have already paid their visa fees to the visa office in New Delhi named VFS GLOBAL OFFICE SERVICE LTD.

Again they are asking visa amount from me whether I cannot understand whether it is true or false.

Kindly guide and help.

It's a fraud. Money is not paid to VFS office. TYou can check the document received by writing to Embassy office and VFS office. I have been though this fraud and lost 93k before releasing it. Pl check Google map. This hotel does not exist. Be careful Nd Take care.

animesh81 wrote:

I have already paid their visa fees .

The mark of a job scam is they always ask for money.
If you pay, they ask for more.

The Todd hotel scam is not new to this forum and you aren't the first to get conned.

More here

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=779643

thanks a lot to all of you for your guidence.

Sorry, you have been cheated and your money is now lost. They are a fraud.  They advertise their place as 10 Nelson Street in Auckland CBD...no such hotel exists. The hotel does not feature in any of the hotel booking sites as the hotel actually does not exist. Don't pay a penny more...you have been cheated.  Did you receive a call from them asking you why you want to go to NZ?  They are a COMPLETE FRAUD

I had received an offer as well for Front office manager but I first checked Google, Google Maps Google earth to locate them and realized they do not exist. They do not feature in any of te hotel booking sites as well. So I realized they are a fraud and thankfully did not loose any money.

aaseemvarma wrote:

I had received an offer as well for Front office manager but I first checked Google, Google Maps Google earth to locate them and realized they do not exist. They do not feature in any of te hotel booking sites as well. So I realized they are a fraud and thankfully did not loose any money.

You did the right thing. I think their website is down now but it did look pretty real until you look closely.
As search skills to the required level aren't always held by people who need them, best to stick to one simple rule

If they ask for cash, it's a scam

This is a COMPLETE FRAUD.  NO SUCH HOTEL EXISTS. Do not make the mistake of paying even a penny.

Hi All ,
This is Sanjay Kumar and even i have got the offer letter  and also got a call from below no. I haven't paid any amount  and also i have clearly said that i will not pay any amount then they just send me offer letter so Can anyone check and let me know that is it fake or true. I know that it is completely fraud.

78 Nelson Street Auckland CBD Auckland 1010 New Zealand.
MEMORANDUM OF CONTRACT
BARRISTER MARK MANHIRE: (ESQ)
(SOLICITORS &NOTARY PUBLIC)
NATALIA DEYEVA LAW & ASS. (Esq.) (BA) LLM,
WITS. (Soliciting Partner, Australian and New Zealand
Immigration & Foreign Worker Affairs)
LEVEL 4 AUCKLAND DISTRICT LAW SOCIETY 2 CHANCERY STREET AUCKLAND N Z
At our law firm, we take pride in representing only two immigration classes: The Economic Class
(professional/skilled workers, government approved immigrant investor program, entrepreneurs
and self-employed) and the Family Class (Australian & New Zealand permanent residents or
citizens wishing to sponsor a relative for permanent residence in New Zealand or Australian)"Our
law firm is led by Barrister Mark Manhire who has over 25 years' experience with Australian and
New Zealand immigration law.
I, Liam Benjamin MSc, PhD, the Chief Executive Officer of TODD-HOTEL NEW
ZEALAND hereby agrees to offer employment with newly employees that consents to
all that written below in this Memorandum of Contract.
1. JOB ASSIGNMENT AND WAGES:
The Employer hereby engages with Employee, if employee agrees to work for the
Employer in the capacity of STORE SUPERVISOR at the rate of NZ$8,875.92 New Zealand
Dollar, at rate of NZ$35.79 per hours, with allowances of NZ$1,350 (after all tax
deductions) as monthly salary. With NZ$100 in cash weekly allowances.
2. CONTRACT DURATION:
The duration of the contract is Four years starting from the day of official report into
New Zealand, the extension of the contract shall mutually agreed upon between the
Employer and the Employee.
3. CONTRACT PERIOD:
The Employee shall work on probation for a period of 3 months (according to Local
Labor laws) starting from the first working day, the three months' probation period
doesn't affect your salary. If the Employer should find during the probation period
that the Employee is not qualified for the job assigned, the Employer may either offer
the Employee other appropriate job or position with the consent of the Employee or
cancel the contract and repatriate the Employee to his/her home country according to
the New Zealand government, the employer shall compensate the employee with sum
of 12,000 New Zealand Dollars while deporting out of New Zealand.
4. WORKING HOURS:
The working hours shall not exceed six (6) to eight (8) hours a day and five (5) days
per week.
5. HOLIDAYS AND ANNUAL LEAVE:
Annual Leave of thirty (30) days shall be granted the Employee having completed one
year on duties. His/her leave allowance shall be his/her basic monthly salary with
additional of thirty (30) percent of the monthly basic salary calculated pro-rata.
6. OVERTIME:
If the Employee works more than the eight (8) normal working hours, the Employee
shall be paid extra for overtime by the Employer at the rate of NZ$39.54 (Thirty-Nine
Point Fifty-Four NZ Dollars) per hour (not less than the minimum rate set by the local
Labor Law) which will be added to his/her monthly salary. If the Employee works on
weekends or holidays, the Employee shall paid overtime by the Employer at the rate
of NZ$ 45.85 (Forty-Five Point Eighty-Five New Zealand Dollars) per hour (not less
than the minimum rate set by the local Labor Law) and this shall be paid on a weekly
basis.
7. ACCOMMODATION:
A. The Employer shall provide the Employee with a safe and hygienic
accommodation free of charge during the term of contract.
B. After three (3) months of probation, official car will be provided by the Employer to
the Employee.
8. MEDICAL TREATMENT:
In the event of the Employee's illness or accident caused by work during the period of
the contract, the Employer shall both provide all necessary medical treatment free of
charge to the Employee.
9. TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION:
A. The Employee shall pay for the cost of visa for employment from his/her home
country to prove his or her seriousness and commitment of working with our
reputable organization, as soon as he/she resumes work in New Zealand, the
Employer shall refund the expenses as he/she submits the expenses report to the
management. The Employer will be responsible for Employee Air Ticket from his/her
location to New Zealand after the company receives evidence of visa registration.
B. The Employer shall also pay for the cost of the return travel to Employee whenever
he/she intends to travel to his/her home country in all cases, except that the Employee
is at fault or terminates the contract.
10. FAMILY WELFARE & HEALTH ARRANGEMENT:
A. The Employer shall be responsible for the total welfare of the employee's family
members and shall be responsible for the educational advancement of two members of
the employee's family.
B. In the event of any health-related issues, the Employee's family members shall be
provided with basic health facilities at the company's clinic/hospital.
11. OBLIGATIONS:
A. The Employee shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Employer in
conformity with the local Labor Law and shall respect the local traditions and
customs.
B. The Employee shall work only for the Employer's office based on where he or she is
allocated to work.
C. The Employee shall not engage in any unlawful activities such as protest or
demonstration.
12. TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT:
A. Where the Employer intends to terminate the contract, the Employer shall give onemonth
notice to the Employee, or pay one-month salary in lieu of giving notice, or
otherwise act in conformity with the local Labor Law. The Employer shall pay for the
cost of the travel of the Employee back to his/her home country.
B. Where the Employee intends to terminate the contract, the Employee shall give onemonth
notice to the Employer and shall pay for his/her own expenses in the return
travel back to his/her country.
13. OTHERS:
A. In the event of natural disaster, riot, fighting or war the Employer shall evacuate
the Employee to a safe area, and if the situation is no longer conducive for the
continuity of work, the Employer shall repatriate the Employee and shall pay for all
the expenses of the repatriation.
B. Other conditions not mentioned in the contract shall be in accordance with the
stipulations of the local Labor Law.
C. Where the Employer fails to implement any of the conditions agreed in this
contract, in full or in part, the Employer shall be responsible for all the losses incurred
to the Employee.
14. CONFIDENTIALITY:
A. The Employee shall not disclose to any third party any confidential information
obtained during his/her course of employment or during his/her recruiting process
unless expressly authorized this by the Company.
B. Confidential information for the purposes of employment includes and is not
limited to trade secrets, business plans, strategies, financial information and any other
information that will affect the Company's competitive position.
C. The Employee's obligation to maintain confidentiality and secrecy shall apply after
his/her employment until such time that the information is no longer confidential or
has been made public by the Company.
D. The Employee shall not without prior written consent of the Company destroy,
make copies, duplicate or reproduce in any form the Company's confidential
information.
15. GOVERNING LAW:
This Memorandum of Contract shall governed by and construed in accordance
with the laws of New Zealand.
Please confirm your acceptance of the above terms and conditions in this
Memorandum of Contract by printing out, signing on the lower right-hand side and
scan. Submit to us as an attached file within three (3) days from the date of receipt
of this Memorandum of Contract.
Mr. Liam Benjamin MSc, PhD
Chief Executive Officer
Todd-Hotel New Zealand.
ACCEPTANCE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I, .................................................................... have read and understood the above terms
& conditions of the Memorandum of Contract and hereby affix my signature in
acceptance of same.
EMPLOYMENT BOND
I, Mr./Mrs./Ms ....................................................................................... of
(NATIONALITY/PASSPORT NUMBER)
………………………………………………hereby covenant/undertake/agree
that throughout the duration of my employment I shall not divert any
contract/business of the company to myself or any other person or company.
I shall not engage while under the employment of the company in any business that
conflicts company/business or any other rival or conflicting business with the
company either alone or in collaboration with other person while I am still under the
employment of the company.
That during the continuance of my employment with the company and for the period
of my appointment I will not engage in any employment or divulge any information
which came to my knowledge in the course of carrying out my duty or reveal any
trade secret(s) to another company or person(s) who engage in rendering same
services or production within the same locality with the company except with the
written consent/permission of the company.
SIGNED BY: NATALIA DEYEVA ASS DATE: THURSDAY, AUGUST/ 26/ 2021
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
SIGNED BY: ..................................................DATE: ........................................................
This Agreement was Drafted and Revised by BARR. Mark Manhire ASS. (Esq.) (BA) LLM, WITS.
(Soliciting Partner, Australian & New Zealand Immigration Foreign Worker Affairs).

sanju20soft wrote:

can anyone check and let me know that is it fake or true. I know that it is completely fraud.

78 Nelson Street Auckland CBD Auckland 1010 New Zealand.

Read the thread. It would have saved you a lot of typing.

Fake

Mark Manhire ASS. (Esq.) (BA) LLM, WITS

No comment :D

this is completely fraud, I have lost Rs.2.50 lacs .

Closed