Impact of bad debt from country of origin in NZ

I was reprimanded as my previous post (now deleted) apparently bordered on advise on how to commit a crime. My choice of words might have created that impression.

Let me rephrase : Will bad debt in the country of origin have an impact on a work visa or permanent residence visa application in New Zealand?

Yes this will have an adverse impact.

Thanx stumpy. Appreciate your input.

I've asked this question on 4 forums. So far this is the only negative yes.

Anyone else have a comment?

AmanAplan wrote:

Thanx stumpy. Appreciate your input.

I've asked this question on 4 forums. So far this is the only negative yes.

Anyone else have a comment?

The relevant visa issuing authority will look at the money side of the applicant. Ability to support themselves when in country.
This will include medical insurance, rents, food, transport etc.
Outstanding debts will be looked at as some applicants will look at getting out of the debt by simply heading to another country.

Bump....

Anyone have actual knowledge of the visa review process? I have feedback from an immigration official that says it has no impact. You just need a job etc. Others have replied that said they left everything behind and in NZ the car dealership and bank just wanted to see his payslip and work visa to approve the deal..

Bump-la-bump....

Let me start off by saying that this is a very sensitive subject an none of the feedback given here is intend to be used for any fraudulent activities. It is for information purposes only !!

You should at all times keep your credit record clean.

Having said that... I received feedback from Immigration NZ. They do not care about your financial situation at all as long as you did not commit fraud. Bad debt or Good credit in the country of origin means an absolute zero when immigrating to NZ.

Use this information at your own peril.