Skilled Migrant Visa : Skill Shortage - New Zealand - Guidance

Hi,

I am from India and applying for a Skilled Migrant Visa for New-Zealand and and seeks your valuable guidance to resolve some of my queries:

1) I have a Mechanical Engineering Degree in my Graduation but my experience is in Software Testing Field.
Both Mechanical Engineering and Software Testing are in the Long Term Skill Shortage List with Codes 261314 and 233512.
However, as per the experience in Software Testing field, my graduation degree of Mechanical Engineering did not qualify for the Requirements as mentioned in the attached Annexure of Long Term Skill Shortage Requirement

In case, I mention Mechanical Engineering, then my experience does not match.

So, What do you suggest in this regard?
Shall I mention Mechanical Engineering to get a degree validated and get the 15 extra points and make no difference?
Please suggest ?

2) Is the experience from India will now be counted as an experience in the comparable market and I will get the required points ?

3) Is it the right time to submit the EOI or do I need to wait ?
I am asking because due to Covid the draws are not going on as of now and I don't want to lose the payment fee while submitting the EOI as the EOI holds only for 5 months ?

FYI - I am getting 160 points and If the answer to question 1 is positive, then I can get 15 extra points for skills shortage.

Please guide me

I am from Zimbabwe I have a bachelors degree in Finance. Also i have 6 years experience as a bookkeeer and Assistant accountant. I am searching for Accounting and Finance Jobs in Newzeeland I would like to know the best way to find a job
Welcome pollinsibanda
I suggest you check out the New Zealand Guide found under "Discover" at the top of this page.

There are websites like seek.co.nz, LinkedIn  which can perhaps help you.