What struck you about Oman?

Hello everybody,

When you first settled in Oman, you might have been struck by cultural aspects of life in Oman and you might even have anecdotes about your integration here.
We would like you to share with expats-to-be what you discovered once you arrived in Oman: customs, traditions, interesting or fun facts etc.

What were the things that surprised you the most after your arrival?

Are there any practices that are particularly out of step with your culture of origin? If so, what are they?

What do you think about them?

Did you get used to these and adopt some of these traditions or norms?

Do you think you would take some of the customs of Oman with you if you were to return to your home country or move to another country?

Thank you!

Cheryl,
Expat.com team

Absolutely , living and working in Oman I have concluded my own  striking anecdotal evidence:
Kindheartedness of Omani people in general, were it at official headquarters or in a shop or across the street , Omanis are  by nature polite, sincere, helpful , generous and caring ,distinguished  characteristics that you do not expect elsewhere. Such a striking civilization is not a result of contact with foreigners or western world for its roots go back to genuine cultures far back in history and origin of the social structure of Omani people.
On the other hand  non Omani employers in Oman (Lebanese or Sudanese holding  the US or UK  passport ) may take advantage  and treat their employees harshly and unjustly by depriving them of their money or recruiting them w/o making work visa for them etc  kind of other human trafficking ; I personally was one victim of those  when I worked at  (ASALA Almuhafizah) at ElQurm . I just warn expat- to -be  to take precautions when working  at  such companies run by  such superiors ,

My best wishes.

Excellent Mr. Karchid. I like your honesty and truthfulness in your reply. Always clouds will pass one place to another place. So no worries and we will keep calm and patient.

I highly  appreciate  your comment and your wisdom Mr. Kumar ; In the mean time being honest we must highlight such conspicuous crimes camouflaged by alleged superiority our first priority  is to  help kindhearted expats  avoid the traumatic  and disappointing suffering.