Turkish Citizenship

Hello,

Has anyone applied for Turkish citizenship via marriage through the Embassy in their home country? After applying, how long did it take to get your citizenship/kimlik?

Hello,
According to the feedback from my fellow countrymen in FB groups, it can take 1-2 years to be considered. I.e. for Istanbul it's usually not less than 1.5-2 years, since there are lots of applications. While waiting for citizenship, one has to have a valid staying permit, so be sure to extend your one.
Good luck!

Ah, sorry, you were asking about application through the home country embassy, let me check and come back with the answer if I can find any.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it :)

Hello Dennis Here.

Looking to retire in Antalya and I am looking information on Tourist visa'a

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Have a great day my friends

I believe u must be married to a Turkish Citizen for at least 3 years in order to apply.
Also u must hold a valid "Residency Permit" which was obtained through "marriage" during that time.
A valid Residency Permit is required during the whole application process.
Once applied, it usually takes 1 year to obtain the Turkish Citizenship.
You must submit the relevant documents and pass the one-on-one interview to complete the process.
Regards,

VS

The conditions vary depending upon your current citizenship.

Regards,

VS

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with the Turkish embassy in Canada. There is no residency permit required since I live and will be applying in Canada. But they didn't tell me how long the process will take. We've been married over 4 years but since I must apply in person at the consulate I probably won't apply until April or May next year and then will move probably in October/November. I would like to get citizenship as soon as possible so that I don't have any issues with health insurance and work permit/residence permit when we move. I've read of people applying in Turkey and it takes 1-2 years, but I was curious if the process was perhaps faster when applying through the Turkish embassy.

Hi Ali Khan,

These links may be helpful for you:

https://aalrealty.com/turkey-citizenship/https://aalrealty.com/blog/categories/t … tizenship/

Best regards