Long-term permit — proof of source of income

People who work remotely and want to get long-term residence — how to provide proof of source of income (Gelirini Nasil ve Nereden Elde Ettigine Dair Belge), how it should look like? I already provided a bank statement, but this is a separate requirement.

@Silvestris

On the Ministry of Interior Presidency of Migration Management website, there is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section.  #20 illustrates the type of documents needed for proof of income. 

I hope this helps.  😄

@Gino_C Ok, thank you, so a letter from a company in addition to bank statement might suffice.

If you require a bank statement from Turkey, please ensure that it is signed and stamped by the bank. If you need to provide a source of income, you can submit a self-declaration document called 'Gelirini Nasil ve Nereden Elde Ettigine Dair Belge'. This document typically states how you earn your income, such as your salary, rental income, or pension. You can show your source from original sources like government pensions, salary, work contracts, freelance contracts, self-employed (work contract), statements from PayPal, Fiverr, Payoneer, or Upwork statements and lastly tax returns.

@d4zt7bsj Both bank statement and source are required, so I think I will ask about employee verification letter from the company.

Bank statements from Turkish banks are required, signed, and stamped by the local bank. They include the bank's power of attorney. Then, you can provide a letter from your employer on company letterhead that lists your start date, salary, and payment frequency. If you want, you can have this letter certified and then apostiled, which gives you that extra proof, but if you can show your deposits, then it's not necessary. Your work contract can be used, but it's pricey to translate and notarize - around TL500 per page. Good luck!

@d4zt7bsj When we extended our Ikamet we were well prepared, all documents were there. Including bank-statements, taxes being paid etc. A big package for the interview, but essentially the only questions were TAPU, marriage certificate (with Apostille), passports, photos; essentially that was it (no proof of capital or income (please note I have no income, just capital) were required).

Please note we live in Mahmutlar (a closed district), I was amazed how smooth things went.

No problem whatsoever, lets see how it goes next time (in 18 months)

For extending the short-term permit, yes, it's easier, I wasn't being asked a proof of income either, but long-term permit requires it.

@Silvestris Short term for me is fine, I do not want to change to become a permanent resident (taxes)

@Silvestris To renew your residency in Turkey, you must show a monthly income/transfer of TL25,503 going into your Turkish bank account since February 2022. While some regions weren't enforcing this rule earlier, it is being enforced now for the majority of all. Alternatively, you can sign an income declaration for missing statements or provide a lump sum of savings for the duration to meet the requirement. Failure to comply with this rule may result in the non-renewal of your residency permit.

@d4zt7bsj That's renewal, what I'm going for now is long-term permit (since I've stayed in Türkiye for more than 8 years now), it requires both bank statement and proof of source of income.

@Silvestris so what are you going to do now?

@Gino_C i will like to know more gino

@Silvestris, please read my message carefully. I clearly stated that both things are required, whether for renewal or long-term. I mentioned earlier that if bank statements cannot be provided, a statement and source are required for short-term renewals as well.

When proving income, you can use bank statements, pensions, rental income, or freelance work such as Fiverr or Upwork. This is usually a self-declaration, but adding proof is straightforward. Example: You will receive a pension certificate and statement that shows the amount and the account where your funds will be deposited. This will also be reflected in your bank statement that you submitted. If you are a digital nomad, you may need to send invoices to clients for remote work or services rendered. These invoices can be paid using various methods such as PayPal or bank transfers, and serve as proof of payment.

@Alex chinenyemafor I will ask my employer for a notarized apostilled employee verification letter, translate it here and submit that along with bank statement.