HELP! Special Pass Appeal Letter Rejected

Hello guys, I am an Indonesian, currently residing in Malaysia. I am a fresh graduate and I landed a job on end of Sept 2020. I am here to ask for advice regarding Special Pass Appeal Letter as well as Employment Pass Application (for EP Category 3).

On 9th Oct, my employer issued a Special Pass Appeal Letter which contains the Appeal to the immigration to let me stay here during my EP application due to COVID. I was told that the Appeal Letter was sent on 13th Oct. Recently, 3rd Dec, my employer's HR called me and I was told that my Special Pass Appeal was told by Immigration to be unable to proceed (somehow means the appeal was rejected). Thus, I was told to exit the country and they will need to terminate my full-time job offer, which I had signed since Sept... Fyi.. my student visa was expiring on October and I called up the company's PIC for visa if I should cancel my visa. The person told me not to cancel it first. So the visa team had lodged my EP application to MDEC's system but was on “verification stage”. Then, the EP application was returned on 19th Oct because I do not have the Released Letter from my University. The weird thing is that if this is the problem that caused the rejection, my friend's special pass appeal Would have get rejected but hers had no problems. As for now, my University had sent me the Released letter hence all documents for EP are complete now.

So, I have a few questions that I would like to ask here:
1. Can my employer re-apply for the Special Pass appeal for me?
2. Should there be any Official Letter by Immigration or MDEC stating that my appeal letter was being rejected?
3. Since my SP appeal was told not able to proceed, if my employer applies for my EP now, will it be processed or is the SP a pre-requisite to get EP?
4. What should I do now?

Would appreciate it if anyone here who had gone through the same case or is facing the same situation.. I was told by the company that applying for EP when I am back in my home country will need a long lead time thus they will rethink my offer... Will really appreciate if anyone would give their advice/opinions on it!!

I am really in desperate need of help!! :( . Thanks in advance!:)

Hi,

Immigration is unpredictable that is the word that I can say about them.

Your EP is category 3 which is not allowed for now in Malaysia by immigration memo since pandemic.

2 things you can do

1. apply for category 1 which need to put high position and salary not lesthan rm10,000.

2. Get a consultancy company which know how to deal with the Immigration there is a cost but sure you will be approve.

Don't forget in "Malaysia Boleh" everthing can do.

Hi Jhay,

Thanks for the reply.

Should there be a letter from MDEC that my Special Pass Appeal letter got rejected? Note that it is not my Employment Pass which got rejected. Thus here I am trying to clarify whether it is true that Special Pass is a pre-requisite to apply for Employment Pass as my company said if Special Pass appeal failed, they cannot proceed with my EP application.

Anyone who knows about this matter can answer! I'm so desperate now.. my company is not even answering my emails..

Regards,
Gabriela