Khartoum Airport transit

Hi,

This seems to be the most active web forum for Sudan, so looking for some advice on Khartoum airport.

Seeking to fly in from Dubai (either on flydubai from Dubai or Air Arabia from Sharjah), and then transit the airport for four-six hours before catching a Royal Jordanian flight to Amman.

(Why the crazy routing? - to pick up a oneworld explorer airline ticket - Sudan is one of the cheapest global starting points for this very flexible ticket)

I am an Australian citizen living in Sydney so getting a Visa is difficult (closest embassy in Jakarta), thus looking to do a Transit Without Visa (according to Timatic database this is valid in Khartoum for under a six hour transit). Will have to wait to see the Nile Confluence another time

Couple of questions for the expert expats.
1. What is the layout of Khartoum International like (is baggage collection before or after Immigration (noting that I am only planning on transit)
2. If after Immigration, is Khartoum airport a place where you would trust an interline of your baggage, or am I better carry-on only.
3. I assume I will most likely have to pay the departure fee - is this 20 Sudan Pounds or 20 US Dollar ? Can this be done in transit?
4. Is there much to do in the terminal for six hours (in the middle of the night). Very limited information on the web and the airport itself doesn't have a website.

Many thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum moa999!

I hope other members will be able to help you in your queries soon!

Regards
Armand

welcom my friend to khartoum
khartoum look likes any other city in third world countries
the differnce only is we are more friendly more generouse more safty.
khartoum airport francly is so very bad they don't repect the time factor so perhaps your trip in it delay so much.
so my friend you have to be patient.
unfortunately we haven't a night clubs and i don't know alot about fees
welcom my friend and don't worry