Speaking Arabic in Sudan

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Arabic is essential for a successful integration in Sudan. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Arabic? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Sudan?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Sudaneses?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

You can learn arabic in combo by institute khartoum.

Since i learned Arabic as mother language hope this helps

Sudanese Arabic is little different from other Arabic dialect bcz ppl are not used to it for example its very rare you cant find anyone who doesnt understand Egyptian Arabic bcz of the many many shows and movies. This is one of the reason plus Sudan is not an open country and still not fully yet. So Sudanese will understand Classic Arabic but some may think this is a kind of saying your better than me but dont give them any though, Sudanese are kind by nature naively.

You really dont need Arabic since most Sudanese understand English but have hard time speaking bcz of little practice in my opinion, English is taught since primary school now there are many schools use English as main language.

I think Duolingo is a nice start to learn Arabic. Will advice later where to learn Arabic.

Muhanned

hi Priscilla
Your point is valid. I am looking for some good academy to attend arabic classes.
Let me know if you can help
Regards
Saeed

The best way to communicate with Sudanese people is of course learning Arabic. But, even I don't know more than 10 words in Arabic... I can communicate with them in English. Most of them understand English but, they can not speak because of lack of practice. Speak as simple as possible... Short words, simple tense.... Add body language. And don't forget to smile! Eye contact is also a must... Sudanese people are  polite and ready to help you...

I am learning Arabic these days from the Open University. Trust me either they are not teaching arabic or they speak a different language in streets :)

:lol :lol::lol: :

@Priscilla obviously your post is very old; however, if you are still looking to learn Sudanese Arabic you can subscribe to our website that we created to help people learn the Sudanese Dialect [link moderated]

@Speak Sudanese Hello and welcome !

Can you please register your website in the Sudan business directory ? As advertising is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you in advance

Bhavna