Marriage in Sudan - British Christian with a Muslim Egyptian

Hi all,

I need some help. I am a British national who has recently moved to Khartoum for work. I am engaged to an Egyptian man who will be moving here very shortly. He is Muslim but I am Christian.

We will be getting married as it is needed before we can live together but aren't sure how this works. Is there a way to be married in a mosque here? And if so is this enough to be able to live together.

We know for our marriage to be legal in the UK we must go through the embassy here but this is not a pressing matter at the moment we would just like to be able to start our lives together in the same house.

If anyone could give advice on the best way forward we would be really grateful. :)

Look forward to your response :)

hello there :)
well, according to what I think, it shouldn't be difficult to get married in a mosque here, generally it's easy as your future husband is a muslim.
though I think you might need to do some paper work in the court am not sure, because of nationality thing and marriage arrangements I imagine can be little bit different for you here.
and happy married life <soon > ..

Hi

How do you do

So what happens basically is that you & your fiance will appear before a judge which in return will ask the British Embassy about whether you agree or not. After response from the Embassy you could get married.

I recommend that you bring all documents you need or think you need to save time. Lawyers take about 500$ for this kind of job but if you search you could get cheaper but not more than that for sure. Some will try to increase the price obvioulsy.

About living together most property owners will ask for something that proves your married so i am guessing you will have to wait until everything is settled. Islamically you need a mosque Imam & 2 witnesses to live together + other conditions of Islamic marriage, but its safer to wait for the certificate to avoid any inconvenience.

May ALLAH bless your marriage.

Good luck