Living in the UK permanently as a Singapore citizen

Hello, nice forum you have here.
I'm a EU citizen living in the UK (in England), I live here legally, have a national insurance number, pay taxes, have proof of address and I have been granted pre settled status.

Could someone please tell me what would the procedure be for me to marry a Singaporean woman and have her live in the UK permanently? Maybe there is a way for her to get pre settled status as well which would be upgraded to settled when we have been here long enough. Or maybe there is a way to do it without marrying her first?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Maybe she can get a marriage visitor Visa and we can get married, then she can apply for a pre settled status as a family member of a EU citizen.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Sorry, I missed your original question but you placed it in a general forum, not a UK specific thread.

The process for your future partner to come to the UK to get married is described in detail on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight there.

The process to go to to get her residency in the UK is described in the same place; this link will take you straight there.

Beware of scammers; if something seems too good to be true, it almost certainly is illegal or will cost you money that you don't have to spend.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

There are variations on the theme; for example, they don't have to be married if they have been in what could be described as a long-term relationship, they could apply for an EEA family permit, but time is running very short for this kind of thing.

Hi Ppddp,hat

Kindly note that your topic has been moved to the England forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Yes, but then we would be married so she can apply for a family permit, which would allow her to live here for 6 months in which she could apply for pre settled status.

Cynic wrote:

There are variations on the theme; for example, they don't have to be married if they have been in what could be described as a long-term relationship, they could apply for an EEA family permit, but time is running very short for this kind of thing.

If I'm not mistaken she can apply for a EU settlement scheme family permit which would allow her to live in the UK for 6 months in which she can get pre settled status.

But she needs to live in the UK before the end of the year and be outside of the UK to apply for the permit. So if we get married let's say as soon as next month in a different country and she has a plane ticket that authenticates she has been in the UK this month (October 2020 so that would be before the end of the year) would she be able to go back to Singapore and successfully apply for the family permit? If that is a viable idea and it works she would be married to me and back in Singapore by the end of the year to apply for the permit, but would it be okay if she is not in the UK in the beginning of next year if she has the plane ticket to show she has been here earlier and present the marriage certificate.

Hopefully I didn't explain it too complicated, I'm just trying to find out what I need because as you outlined we do not have much time.

Regards.

Hi again.

That about sums it up  - the full details on how to apply are on the UK Gov website; this link will take you there.

With regard to your questions; as Brexit currently stands, if she has a current permit, then she can travel where she likes.  The one thing to watch out for is for anything that may make the immigration regulator think that yours may be a wedding of convenience, so any evidence you may have of having lived together as a family, or been together in a relationship may be useful should they ask for them.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Although Singaporean citizens don't need a visa to enter the UK and stay for 6 months, so as long as we are married it could be that it is possible for her to apply for pre settled status as a spouse of a EU citizen without having a family permit.