Close

Taking the PS4 as hand luggage on a Ryanair flight

Hi Guys,

Last minute panic, but I need some advice. Can I take a PS4 on a Ryanair flight from Malta to the UK as hand luggage in their 10kg allowance. Furthermore I maybe traveling with 2000 euros in cash. Can this go through in my hand luggage too.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Sam

I was questioned with €500 in cash, I said I did not believe in banks. If you can take a laptop as hand luggage and you have nothing in the Hold I don't see why you can't take the PS4.

Hi SimCity,

Thanks for the advice. When they questioned you about the money, was it a long ordeal or just a couple of questions. It does say that you can travel with a maximum of 10,000 euros in cash. If its more you have to declare it. Should be fine with 2,000 but you know how it can be I guess. It doesn't say anything about bringing a PS4 on the Ryanair website so it should be fine.

Anyways thanks very much.

Sam

Hey Sam,

It was very quick, it was just at the gate I was questioned. You will be fine. As the PS4 is a single item it would be silly to put it in the hold and as it can be  X-Rayed that will be fine.

Simon

Thanks Simon for the information.

All the best.

Sam

SimCityAT :

I was questioned with €500 in cash, I said I did not believe in banks. If you can take a laptop as hand luggage and you have nothing in the Hold I don't see why you can't take the PS4.

:o That's utterly ridiculous that you would be questioned over a reasonably small sum (given the declaration free limit is 10000).  Was it by chance a 500 Euro banknote?

romaniac :
SimCityAT :

:o That's utterly ridiculous that you would be questioned over a reasonably small sum (given the declaration free limit is 10000).  Was it by chance a 500 Euro banknote?

Just Ryanair being idiots, I will never fly with them again.

SimCityAT :
romaniac :
SimCityAT :

Just Ryanair being idiots, I will never fly with them again.

An airline shouldn't be concerned with this or questioning anyone at all. It is a matter for the customs officers.