Taking the PS4 as hand luggage on a Ryanair flight

Hi Guys,

Last minute panic, but I need some advice. Can I take a PS4 on a Ryanair flight from Malta to the UK as hand luggage in their 10kg allowance. Furthermore I maybe traveling with 2000 euros in cash. Can this go through in my hand luggage too.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Sam

I was questioned with €500 in cash, I said I did not believe in banks. If you can take a laptop as hand luggage and you have nothing in the Hold I don't see why you can't take the PS4.

Hi SimCity,

Thanks for the advice. When they questioned you about the money, was it a long ordeal or just a couple of questions. It does say that you can travel with a maximum of 10,000 euros in cash. If its more you have to declare it. Should be fine with 2,000 but you know how it can be I guess. It doesn't say anything about bringing a PS4 on the Ryanair website so it should be fine.

Anyways thanks very much.

Sam

Hey Sam,

It was very quick, it was just at the gate I was questioned. You will be fine. As the PS4 is a single item it would be silly to put it in the hold and as it can be  X-Rayed that will be fine.

Simon

Thanks Simon for the information.

All the best.

Sam

SimCityAT wrote:

I was questioned with €500 in cash, I said I did not believe in banks. If you can take a laptop as hand luggage and you have nothing in the Hold I don't see why you can't take the PS4.

:o That's utterly ridiculous that you would be questioned over a reasonably small sum (given the declaration free limit is 10000).  Was it by chance a 500 Euro banknote?

romaniac wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

:o That's utterly ridiculous that you would be questioned over a reasonably small sum (given the declaration free limit is 10000).  Was it by chance a 500 Euro banknote?

Just Ryanair being idiots, I will never fly with them again.

SimCityAT wrote:
romaniac wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Just Ryanair being idiots, I will never fly with them again.

An airline shouldn't be concerned with this or questioning anyone at all. It is a matter for the customs officers.

Did they let you take it sam

Hello Shane Kase,

Please note that you are participating on an old thread and the OP hasn't logged in for the past 6 years or so.

I suggest you post on recent threads so that active members might guide you or consider opening your own thread on the England forum.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed - Old thread]

Closed