Morocco to UK spouse visa process

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone here that knows the current process of obtaining a spouse visa, documents needed etc.

I have been happily married to a Moroccan woman for over a year now humdulillah and we decided that is is time we applied for it.

I would like to know the following:

What documents are needed?
Financial proof required (i am currently employed earning over £18,600 per year)
Any other proofs and documents needed.

It is a matter of urgency as i am looking to apply in January.

Thank you in advance.

P.S, if someone has a step-by-step process of what they did when they applied, that would help too. If any of you have questions, please feel free to ask me.

Hello

Your wife will need to take an English exam in speaking and listening, at a very low level. I think this is in Rabat or Casablanca and has to be one accepted by the home office. A1 is the pass required. There may be other test centres now but you will get directed on everything through WWW.Gov.uk

It's the 5 year spouse visa to apply for which has to be reapplied for after 2.5 years ( paying both times)

You can fill out the application on line and pay for it and then book your wife an appointment to submit it in person at the British embassy in Rabat.

I can't remember all the documents but it's something like your pay slips (3 or 6 months) , your lease contract for house or documents for your house, marriage certificate, printed copies of emails between you and your wife, DVD of wedding and any other evidence you can provide to prove your marriage is real. I know of people who got rejected for not giving enough evidence to prove the marriage is real so a DVD of wedding is ideal.

On the website it directs you in detail what you need to do, it directs you to which country you are applying from and gives you a login so you can complete it as you go . Also directs you to approved English test centres. An NHS surcharge was introduced since we applied which is £500 and I had to pay this on the 2.5 years renewal so I guess you will have to pay this and enter the reference number on your visa application. Once the 5 years is over you have to pay just over £2k for indefinite leave to remain (knowledge of life in the uk and an English qualification at B1)

I know a few people who pay solicitors to apply for them but I think it's a waste of money if you can fill out a form and as it's important you are going to make sure it's right

On all the applications for visas they detail everything you need to send them and have accompanying documents to explain so just have a good read and I'm sure you will be fine

If you got married in Morrocco then the process for the visa is very straightforward in comparison

Any questions just ask and will try to answer

Thank you for this , i appreciate it.

Dealing with the forms and figuring out whats needed has become a complication for me, after doing a lot of research i found in actuality it would be better to just hire an immigration lawyer to ensure the visa is accepted because if it is rejected then we would have to wait many month to a year more to reapply or appeal the decision.

plus you are right in relation to rejection on grounds of evidence supplied as i know a few others who also got rejected (its why i didn't ask them for advice haha) and i know of one guy who got his wife's visa accepted in 9 days last month simply because he hired a lawyer.

I think that's the best way forward for me.

hi everyone
assalamu alaykum
i was wondering if anyone can help me with my visa application but first i am gonna try to give you an idea about my situation
i am a moroccan woman living in casablanca and my fiance is british and he is originally from pakistan we met 10 months ago, we talk every single day we have pictures of our families together and photos of us too
now we want to get married next month so we can apply for the visa and have our wedding in december
so i have a few questions if anyone have the answer for them i would appreciate it

1/ what are the documents we need to get married and what is the procedure
2/ how can i get a spouse  visa and how long it takes to get one

i am here to answer any question

My son married agadir last yers. He bring his wife in three month.
What you need your uk husbands  need job. Over £19000. For  Years. Salary.   He must prove
His salary to uk HMRC. And he need his paysleep. And he own house or he rent house. Also he need to have locall authorities  approve housing is standard in UK. Visa no problem. All that must have have 100%
If you need call me ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

thank you for you reply
but i was reading that it is much complicated than that

wij wrote:

thank you for you reply
but i was reading that it is much complicated than that

Wa alaykum salaam

Yes getting married in Morrocco to a foreigner is a complicated process. I would go to the family court and ask for the list of documents you will both need. You will need medical checkups in Morrocco with a letter saying fit to marry, police check and approval, uk criminal record check, notice of no impediment, letter of mans employment, pay slips , bank statements.

When you get married make sure it get filmed, I mean the whole party, because you will need to send the DVD as part of the visa application. Also keep records of Skype logs, emails, money transfers, international calls and anything else that proves the relationship is real as it helps a lot

What is complicated. Yes it is hard. To get visa. In morocco  police making so hard for this married. You need locall government permission. Which  hard to please locall police. Then you need apply rabbat court to approve  married. Then you can applying  for visa to british embassy. You also need esol to pass.
Your husband  must to send all documents 
100 % right. Then insahallah  visa no issue for you. If you provide  all documents. Then no problem. Hard part in morocco governments is hard. To approve. Be cearfull with brother pakistani boy. Or Bangladeshi. Boy. Not all some of them are very bad. Good luck

thank you for your replies i really appreciate it

Hiya ☺
I just would like to ask u if it is possible.
My husband going to apply for my visa next month i just want to make sure if the visa requirement are stumped in the foriegne affairs mine and his also☺
I'll really appreciate if u reply back
Thank u in advance

Assalamo alaykom
Does the visa requirement stump by theforiegne affairs?

So you've been married for a year, and living in Morocco. Why, with a salary of over £18,500 (which many people outside of London do not make), would you want to move back to the UK? The cost of living and standard of primary and secondary education is a lot better there

If you get any ifo on the process please let me know. I'm in the same situation.

Hi, I'm from morroco and my Girlfriend want to came and marry me, but she's afraid that it's take so long, she earn 24000£peer years, and she rent a house too, so guys can you help me please, this stuff, please?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There are rules regarding what you're asking.  The salary meets the requirement, but you will have had to have been living together for 2 years before you can apply.

But I lived in Morocco, I met her when she came for tourism, in 2014 and since then we have been talking with SnapChat, but there is no evidence of that because we did not save the conversation, so I'm afraid that they refuse my visa to join her after that she came and been married to me,please if you've any idea about this stuff help.  :(

I've a link of visa peppers that your fiancé needs if you still want to, I'm in the same situation hahaha,

Can you help me please, I know my fiance since 2014 but I lost all pictures and chats from 2014 until 2017 August so, like I never knew her before, is this is a problem or not for my visa process???????

https://youtu.be/1wNk3rEHhzI
Try this

Aminenafis wrote:

But I lived in Morocco, I met her when she came for tourism, in 2014 and since then we have been talking with SnapChat, but there is no evidence of that because we did not save the conversation, so I'm afraid that they refuse my visa to join her after that she came and been married to me,please if you've any idea about this stuff help.  :(

Unfortunately, the UK experienced a lot of "marriages of convenience" in the past; the end result of which resulted in the change of the regulations to what we have today.  The only way for you to enter would be in your own right as a skilled worker and get a job from a company that will sponsor your move; this link will take you to the UK Government website that lists these.

Alternatively, your partner has the right to live anywhere in the EU, perhaps consider a move to another EU country where they are not so sensitive about relationships; known as the "Surinder-Singh" method, this link will take you to the UK Government website that explains the process.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I will be marrying my Fiance in Morcocco in December of this year. Where do I stand in terms of getting him a visa? Do I need to be earning £1550 a month after tax? At the moment I only earn £1497 before tax. Im a little worried that it's not going to be enough. Any advice would be soo helpful.

Hi Kayleighmay91 :)

I am sure you are aware that the UK is cracking down on immigration, a while back they introduced a minimum sponsorship, You must be earning 18,500 GBP a year for married couples if the partner is a non EU citizen. Should you have children with that partner the fee goes up.

Please read Cynic post #22 on this thread.

Alternatively, your partner has the right to live anywhere in the EU, perhaps consider a move to another EU country where they are not so sensitive about relationships; known as the "Surinder-Singh" method, this link will take you to the UK Government website that explains the process.

Is that before or after tax? Yes I'm aware it's  £18,600 a year but wasnt too sure if its before or after tax. Im reciept of DLA for my daughter if the case that i dont earn enough and cant aquire a job to meet that threshhold then my only other option would be to become my daughters carer and claim carers allowance which is something i dont really want to do because i need to be working. Is there anything you could advice?

The 18,600 is gross.  I have no direct experience of this, but I'm aware that there was some legal precedence very recently, that benefits do not equate as/to income when dealing with the UK Government, so the £18.6 needs to be your minimum gross salary.

You then need to consider the requirement that you and your partner must have physically lived together for at least 2 years before your partner can apply.

You could move to Ceuta, live there for three months, then move to the UK

Hi coming to uk is hard to get visa for out side European citizens

I can't found a job In Greenford
I'm a technician in mécanique manufacturing 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Just wanted to jump in quickly as there's quite a lot of misinformation being given out in some of these posts.
I married my husband in Morocco last month and we are submitting application for the UK Spouse Visa immediately after Christmas. I am by no means an expert on any of this, I have however spent hours and hours reading all the material available from the Home Office and various other sources, (I've even sought out the training documents they provide to the ECO's details the grounds for refusal 🤣🤓🙈), so I think I am quite clued up on most of it, all the parts that apply to our application anyway, I will attempt to clarify some of the above that have got the details slightly wrong and help out where I can.

FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT: Because of previous abuse of the system, UK Visas are exreamly difficult to obtain, they are EXPENSIVE and the process is not a short one due to a severe backlog in the HO processing (but I won't go into the whys of that right now). I can not stress to you enough, that if you want 100% correct and accurate information you should be going to the uk.gov website and following the link for Visas and Immigration, please do not go on information given by Joe public or someone you don't know on a Facebook group, or me for that matter, put the effort in and look for yourself and use ONLY reputable sources.

SECONDLY: Forget the Surrinder Singh loophole or attempting to slip in the back door through Europe, it's almost pointless now as we approach Brexit and I have seen more and more VISA applications refused by the Home Office as they know exactly what's going on and it's not favourable at all and could subsequently damage further applications 

In terms of Financial requirements, it is £18,600 gross annual income or £62,500 in cash savings. 
An additional gross annual income of £3,800 is required for the first child sponsored in addition to the partner and an additional £2,400 for each further child. The level of the financial requirement will therefore be for example:
Partner with no children = £18,600
One additional dependent child = £22, 400
Two = £ 24,800
Where the applicant's partner is in receipt of any of the following benefits or allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement at that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than meeting an income threshold.  In these cases the  applicant will not need to meet the minimum income threshold. Instead, the applicant is required to demonstrate that they will be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds.
* Carers Allowance
*Disability Living Allowance
*Severe Disablement Allowance
There are more but these are the most common three I have seen people ask about.
CASH SAVINGS: Must be in cash and held by a the applicant or sponsor in an accessible bank account for 6 months minimum without dipping below £62,500 There is the option to use income and savings combined but it's far too complicated to go into here and now.

SPOUCE REQUIREMENTS:
* TB Test clearance
* English Language Requirement to A1 level proved by passing a test with an approved provider and providing a certificate that clearly shows the applicant's name and the qualification obtained
*Valid marriage certificate
* Accommodation Details
* Sponsors Information
* Evidence the applicant and sponsor are in a genuine and subsisting relationship
* Attendance to have Biometrics done
* Payment of IHS fee

You DO NOT have had to live together for 2 years prior to application, that is for unmarried partnerships.
As soon as you have the marriage paperwork and the test documents above the application can be submitted. I personally wouldn't bother with a lawyer I have seen MANY refusals because of bad immigration advice from solicitors, the process is black and white and straightforward if you break it down and take it step by step. Just make sure all required documentation is within the timeframe stated and check, check and check it all b fire submission, do not leave anything to chance and DO NOT expect the HO to contact you if you've neglected to send exactly what thy ask for, they are under no obligation that's your job!!

Do your research and take your time. And then submit and cross your fingers for a nice ECO to pick up your file, good luck everyone if I can help at all I will hen I can.

👸🤞🤗🤓🧐🤩

Assalamualikum brother all hou need to proof house to stay. And bank statements  to proof  income. Goings to your bank every month. And job references. You can make application. In Morocco  your wife need to proof esol test and court order in rabat to from Morocco  court married documents  you will get visa insahallah

😎

Aminenafis wrote:

Hi, I'm from morroco and my Girlfriend want to came and marry me, but she's afraid that it's take so long, she earn 24000£peer years, and she rent a house too, so guys can you help me please, this stuff, please?

Hey, me and my husband got married within two weeks, we actually did it in 8 working days total due to weekends and a national holiday on the first Monday I was there. You just need to be super organised, know what documents u need from which authority and in what order to conduct the process. Make sure ur fiancée has ALL the correct documents before leaving the UK, I scanned mine and emailed them to the translator the week before leaving the UK so they could be done and ready to collect when I arrived with the originals, (the translator will only sign the translated copies off once they have seen the original documents). We did everything we had to do in Rabat in a day, it was a full day and it was non-stop but it's possible if you are organised. Everywhere is within walking distance after you have got what you need from the British Embassy. The longest we had to wait was at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for some documents stamping and that was less than an hour. I think this time of year is much quieter than the spring/summer months. Once you have got everything from Rabat and go to your local district to do the marriage we found that it's all about who you know and how much you are willing to pay to get things done quickly 🙈 I think we paid nearly the whole town to get what we wanted done quickly 🤣🤦‍♀️  My advice, get a good Ladoul who you trust and one who is well connected to the right people and push him to work to the time you have. Good luck!

Nodandsmile4bb wrote:

Just wanted to jump in quickly as there's quite a lot of misinformation being given out in some of these posts.
I married my husband in Morocco last month and we are submitting application for the UK Spouse Visa immediately after Christmas. I am by no means an expert on any of this, I have however spent hours and hours reading all the material available from the Home Office and various other sources, (I've even sought out the training documents they provide to the ECO's details the grounds for refusal 🤣🤓🙈), so I think I am quite clued up on most of it, all the parts that apply to our application anyway, I will attempt to clarify some of the above that have got the details slightly wrong and help out where I can.

FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT: Because of previous abuse of the system, UK Visas are exreamly difficult to obtain, they are EXPENSIVE and the process is not a short one due to a severe backlog in the HO processing (but I won't go into the whys of that right now). I can not stress to you enough, that if you want 100% correct and accurate information you should be going to the uk.gov website and following the link for Visas and Immigration, please do not go on information given by Joe public or someone you don't know on a Facebook group, or me for that matter, put the effort in and look for yourself and use ONLY reputable sources.

SECONDLY: Forget the Surrinder Singh loophole or attempting to slip in the back door through Europe, it's almost pointless now as we approach Brexit and I have seen more and more VISA applications refused by the Home Office as they know exactly what's going on and it's not favourable at all and could subsequently damage further applications 

In terms of Financial requirements, it is £18,600 gross annual income or £62,500 in cash savings. 
An additional gross annual income of £3,800 is required for the first child sponsored in addition to the partner and an additional £2,400 for each further child. The level of the financial requirement will therefore be for example:
Two = £ 24,800
Where the applicant's partner is in receipt of any of the following benefits or allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement at that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than meeting an income threshold.  In these cases the  applicant will not need to meet the minimum income threshold. Instead, the applicant is required to demonstrate that they will be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds.
* Carers Allowance
There are more but these are the most common three I have seen people ask about.
CASH SAVINGS: Must be in cash and held by a the applicant or sponsor in an accessible bank account for 6 months minimum without dipping below £62,500 There is the option to use income and savings combined but it's far too complicated to go into here and now.

SPOUCE REQUIREMENTS:
* TB Test clearance
* English Language Requirement to A1 level proved by passing a test with an approved provider and providing a certificate that clearly shows the applicant's name and the qualification obtained
* Accommodation Details
* Sponsors Information
* Evidence the applicant and sponsor are in a genuine and subsisting relationship
* Payment of IHS fee

You DO NOT have had to live together for 2 years prior to application, that is for unmarried partnerships.
As soon as you have the marriage paperwork and the test documents above the application can be submitted. I personally wouldn't bother with a lawyer I have seen MANY refusals because of bad immigration advice from solicitors, the process is black and white and straightforward if you break it down and take it step by step. Just make sure all required documentation is within the timeframe stated and check, check and check it all b fire submission, do not leave anything to chance and DO NOT expect the HO to contact you if you've neglected to send exactly what thy ask for, they are under no obligation that's your job!!

Do your research and take your time. And then submit and cross your fingers for a nice ECO to pick up your file, good luck everyone if I can help at all I will hen I can.

👸🤞🤗🤓🧐🤩

Good post. Having gone through the process I completely agree that you don't need a lawyer (I never wasted my money on one) and go directly to the .gov.uk website, for information. Things change and the .gov website will tell you of any changes.

There are three main points to getting a visa / residency

1. Proving the relationship is genuine.

2. Having the required earnings and/or savings

3. Paying the fees. The fees have to be paid including NHS surcharge and after 30 months the visa renewal fee and NHS surcharge have to be paid, then after 30 months indefinitely leave to remain (£2295 at the moment). Then citizenship after.

They are all simple forms to fill in. Basically the sponsor spouse needs to be earning good money and or have good savings because through out the whole period you have to a) meet the financial requirements b) can't claim benefits (apart from child benefit and child tax credits that you would get if single etc) and c) you have to around £2500 every 30 months for the next step. 

Most people in the uk can't afford to support a spouse, pay all the fees, meet the financial requirements so there are not many applications now , compared to 2012 and before. It's also very difficult for the Morrocan coming to the uk to get employment. You have to fight to get a national insurance number and to be honest mos employers see you have got a Moroccan pass port so either won't give you a job or will pay you the minimum and take advantage. The financial requirements say £18500 but realistically the sponsor needs to be earning nearer £30000 because he/she needs to support the couple, pay the fees when they come round and anyone that comes from Morocco to the uk is going to crave to go to Morocco at least once a year to see family/escape six months of cold winter/ reconnect to an Islamic environment. I'm not even Moroccan and I'm always looking to go to Morocco.

Goldkhalifa wrote:
Nodandsmile4bb wrote:

Two = £ 24,800
* Carers Allowance

SPOUCE REQUIREMENTS:
* TB Test clearance
* Accommodation Details
* Sponsors Information
* Payment of IHS fee

👸🤞🤗🤓🧐🤩

Good post. Having gone through the process I completely agree that you don't need a lawyer (I never wasted my money on one) and go directly to the .gov.uk website, for information. Things change and the .gov website will tell you of any changes.

There are three main points to getting a visa / residency

1. Proving the relationship is genuine.

2. Having the required earnings and/or savings

3. Paying the fees. The fees have to be paid including NHS surcharge and after 30 months the visa renewal fee and NHS surcharge have to be paid, then after 30 months indefinitely leave to remain (£2295 at the moment). Then citizenship after.

They are all simple forms to fill in. Basically the sponsor spouse needs to be earning good money and or have good savings because through out the whole period you have to a) meet the financial requirements b) can't claim benefits (apart from child benefit and child tax credits that you would get if single etc) and c) you have to around £2500 every 30 months for the next step. 

Most people in the uk can't afford to support a spouse, pay all the fees, meet the financial requirements so there are not many applications now , compared to 2012 and before. It's also very difficult for the Morrocan coming to the uk to get employment. You have to fight to get a national insurance number and to be honest mos employers see you have got a Moroccan pass port so either won't give you a job or will pay you the minimum and take advantage. The financial requirements say £18500 but realistically the sponsor needs to be earning nearer £30000 because he/she needs to support the couple, pay the fees when they come round and anyone that comes from Morocco to the uk is going to crave to go to Morocco at least once a year to see family/escape six months of cold winter/ reconnect to an Islamic environment. I'm not even Moroccan and I'm always looking to go to Morocco.

Ooohhhh so cynical lol, there are plenty jobs out there if you are willing to get straight in and put the effort in to look for them. For example the care industry is crying out for decent workers and require little or no experience for many of the roles and do in fact employ a large number of foreign nationals. I know of quite a lot of people that arrived and registered with agencies and were working within a month of arriving.
As soon as visa is approved the applicant is legally allowed to work and their BRP is issued automatically to be collected from a designated post office of their choice within 10 days of entering the UK and the NI number is printed on the back of it if they legally have the right to work in the UK. It should be a straightforward process but then it is the HO we are talking about here 🤣🤦‍♀️

Yes I agree there are lots of jobs out their that you can get easily but they don't pay well. Between the couple I think jointly you need to be earning £30k a year, or less if you have money set aside to pay for the fees. I was just trying to highlight that the £18k visa requirement doesn't reflect what people will need to get by.

I got my wife a national insurance number. It was really hard work, they rejected it twice. She didn't need it for work but they made it very difficult to get one. It took about 6 months , every time I applied they said no you have to apply in a different way. No mistakes by me, just a institutionally racist organisation.  Maybe things have changed but two years ago you didn't automatically get a national insurance number on a spouse visa, you have to apply for one. Maybe a work visa you get it automatically ?

Cynical , yes! But some people are not realistic about coming to the uk so it's good to point out what you got to do from first visa to citizenship

There are jobs out, but depending on the area you live in, and if the pay is good.

I also stress, you must prove your relationship is genuine, because they are cracking down hard on this.

Goldkhalifa wrote:

Yes I agree there are lots of jobs out their that you can get easily but they don't pay well. Between the couple I think jointly you need to be earning £30k a year, or less if you have money set aside to pay for the fees. I was just trying to highlight that the £18k visa requirement doesn't reflect what people will need to get by.

I got my wife a national insurance number. It was really hard work, they rejected it twice. She didn't need it for work but they made it very difficult to get one. It took about 6 months , every time I applied they said no you have to apply in a different way. No mistakes by me, just a institutionally racist organisation.  Maybe things have changed but two years ago you didn't automatically get a national insurance number on a spouse visa, you have to apply for one. Maybe a work visa you get it automatically ?

Cynical , yes! But some people are not realistic about coming to the uk so it's good to point out what you got to do from first visa to citizenship

I completely agree with you there, ‘the land of plenty' it most certainly is not. Living costs rise and wages stay the same, people abuse the system left, right and centre because they have been allowed to and the NHS is in an absolute mess. The immigration system at the moment is an absolute farse, the backlog for applications and appeals is, for most that applied the back end of last year/first half of this year, excruciatingly long regardless of whether they have chosen to pay the crazy fee of £500 for priority service. The ECO's have an enormous work load to deal with and considering they are making decisions that will make or break peoples lives and the future of families, they are paid not much above the minimum wage and I fear they are not trained to the highest standard by some of the refusal reasons and communication have seen people receiving. The service received by Visa applicants is appalling. Especially considering how much it is to submit applications now (and due to rise again in April), and how much they make from each application. Then subcontracting the emails and calls out to a third party company who now charge per email and per minute on the phone for contact is just plain insulting. But hey what other choice is there? Welcome the the good old UK lol  🤣🤦‍♀️🙄

Wow thanks a lot for all of this information, if you can msg me maybe we can talk about your application and how you get married here, my GF she'll come here the 15 December so If you've time can I ask you some questions about wedding papers in Morocco please or your husband. Thanks

Wow 15th December, u guys better get started quick if u haven't already started then there's papers u need to apply for now that ur lady will have to carry wth her from the uk . Yeah sure i'll Help I've got everything u need to know about it all. I will message u shortly when I have chance to sit down and go through it with u.

Okey I'll give you a link and your husband will understand easily and if you can understand Arabic is better
Visa process  - ڤيزا بريطانيا‎ : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … KU8qJKSwd_