Morocco to UK spouse visa process


I was wondering if there is anyone here that knows the current process of obtaining a spouse visa, documents needed etc.

I have been happily married to a Moroccan woman for over a year now humdulillah and we decided that is is time we applied for it.

I would like to know the following:

What documents are needed?
Financial proof required (i am currently employed earning over £18,600 per year)
Any other proofs and documents needed.

It is a matter of urgency as i am looking to apply in January.

Thank you in advance.

P.S, if someone has a step-by-step process of what they did when they applied, that would help too. If any of you have questions, please feel free to ask me.


Your wife will need to take an English exam in speaking and listening, at a very low level. I think this is in Rabat or Casablanca and has to be one accepted by the home office. A1 is the pass required. There may be other test centres now but you will get directed on everything through

It's the 5 year spouse visa to apply for which has to be reapplied for after 2.5 years ( paying both times)

You can fill out the application on line and pay for it and then book your wife an appointment to submit it in person at the British embassy in Rabat.

I can't remember all the documents but it's something like your pay slips (3 or 6 months) , your lease contract for house or documents for your house, marriage certificate, printed copies of emails between you and your wife, DVD of wedding and any other evidence you can provide to prove your marriage is real. I know of people who got rejected for not giving enough evidence to prove the marriage is real so a DVD of wedding is ideal.

On the website it directs you in detail what you need to do, it directs you to which country you are applying from and gives you a login so you can complete it as you go . Also directs you to approved English test centres. An NHS surcharge was introduced since we applied which is £500 and I had to pay this on the 2.5 years renewal so I guess you will have to pay this and enter the reference number on your visa application. Once the 5 years is over you have to pay just over £2k for indefinite leave to remain (knowledge of life in the uk and an English qualification at B1)

I know a few people who pay solicitors to apply for them but I think it's a waste of money if you can fill out a form and as it's important you are going to make sure it's right

On all the applications for visas they detail everything you need to send them and have accompanying documents to explain so just have a good read and I'm sure you will be fine

If you got married in Morrocco then the process for the visa is very straightforward in comparison

Any questions just ask and will try to answer

Thank you for this , i appreciate it.

Dealing with the forms and figuring out whats needed has become a complication for me, after doing a lot of research i found in actuality it would be better to just hire an immigration lawyer to ensure the visa is accepted because if it is rejected then we would have to wait many month to a year more to reapply or appeal the decision.

plus you are right in relation to rejection on grounds of evidence supplied as i know a few others who also got rejected (its why i didn't ask them for advice haha) and i know of one guy who got his wife's visa accepted in 9 days last month simply because he hired a lawyer.

I think that's the best way forward for me.

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in England

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in England

Moving to England

Find tips from professionals about moving to England

Travel insurance in England

Enjoy stress-free travel to England

Flights to England

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to England