COVID-19 and expatriation in Kenya

Hello everybody,

The COVID-19 crisis inevitably impacts Kenya, between closed airports or periods of containment in some cities or even the entire country .
We would like to hear from you during this unusual period, to find out what the consequences of this pandemic are on your expatriation or expatriation project in Kenya.

Does the current crisis call into question your long-term expatriation project?
If you are already settled in Kenya, do you plan to return to your home country?

How are you living through such an uncertain period, especially if you are far from your loved ones?

Have any of you ended your expatriation in Kenya unexpectedly?

Paradoxically, has this crisis brought you closer to some people?

What are your plans for the future?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Hope you are doing well.

Loïc.

Does the current crisis call into question your long-term expatriation project? It shouldn't have not affect people in Kenya. It's all over the world. The while world is in quarantine and will face economic crisis sooner or late.

If you are already settled in Kenya, do you plan to return to your home country?. Nope. Love to be in Kenya

How are you living through such an uncertain period, especially if you are far from your loved ones?
I had actually travelled to my home country and can't wait to go back to Kenya.

No

Paradoxically, has this crisis brought you closer to some people?

What are your plans for the future?
will try to be safe and more healthy. Build up my immune system and will try not to plan too much for the future and live and enjoy the present 😊

Hello Loic

Thank you for this

Well. Its been particularly difficult for business owners here in Kenya as well. Having to shut down and have so much employees depending on their salaries for this daily lives. Let's hope we can all battle this epidemic.

Hello Loic,
yes we are in a serious Crisis since we are self employed (Minex Microtunneling Ltd.) and all our Construction Sites are closed.
But we love to stay in Kenya (35years) and we would not like to go anywhere else .
We have gone trough some Crisis already in Kenya and we do hope for the best and with the right precaution (Self sufficient) and the mercy of God we may survive. I am here with my Wife and Daughter my Son and our big Daughter are working in Austria with the same Problems, there is no place in this World where you can hide. May God have Mercy upon us. Amen. 

Hello Karl & Hirut,
The COVID-19 crisis inevitably impacts Kenya, between closed airports or periods of containment in some cities or even the entire country.
We would like to hear from you during this unusual period, to find out what the consequences of this pandemic are on your expatriation in Kenya.
As you are already settled in Kenya, do you plan to return to your home country?

Hi,
thanks for reaching out - great question! I have been in Kenya for over 5 Years and just started my own company (Executive Coaching and  Consulting) here in Nairobi in January
From the time I moved here I had planned to stay in Kenya for long-term . So I sold everything back home and don't have a house or apartment where I could return to in Germany (my home country)

Regarding the situation: it was never really a question for me, so I decided to stay in Kenya. Mainly also because I need to keep the business operational as much as I can.

Stay safe & healthy

BRITTA167 wrote:

Hi,
thanks for reaching out - great question! I have been in Kenya for over 5 Years and just started my own company (Executive Coaching and  Consulting) here in Nairobi in January
From the time I moved here I had planned to stay in Kenya for long-term . So I sold everything back home and don't have a house or apartment where I could return to in Germany (my home country)

Regarding the situation: it was never really a question for me, so I decided to stay in Kenya. Mainly also because I need to keep the business operational as much as I can.

Stay safe & healthy

i love to hear that  we have people like you who chooses to stay with us in kenya   during this hard moment ... very soon covid 19 will end  we shall be back to business