HANGOUT tonight?

Will be hanging out at Fort Bonifacio tonight!

Hello angelstirera!

I hope that there will be other members who will be hanging out with you.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Where in the Fort?

at Seventh HIGH, Bonifacio Hight Street at night and dinner first at Chelsea, Serendra.. no specific plan yet though.. just around the area

this bloggers forum is not really the best place to post a meetup.

There is another website for that where you can create your own site and have members sign up for it..but not free.

female_expat wrote:

There is another website for that where you can create your own site and have members sign up for it..but not free.

unnecessary and useless comment! :dumbom:

funkydelicguy wrote:
female_expat wrote:

:one

@female_expat: I guess you haven't seen the forum's meet-up threads before! :whistle:

Armand wrote:
funkydelicguy wrote:
female_expat wrote:

@female_expat: I guess you haven't seen the forum's meet-up threads before! :whistle:

:):):):D:D:D:D

You are free to say whatever you want but I can also tell you that you are not that informed of meetup websites.

funkydelicguy wrote:
female_expat wrote:

What I am referring to is a website that lets you RSVP, date, time, location and members profiles and activities all in one website.

Armand wrote:
funkydelicguy wrote:
female_expat wrote:

Before blah blah at least you must be informed what I am talking about because it is embarassing if you get corrected..

hahahahhahaha

@moo- thanks :)

could we please concentrate on the initial topic ?

by the way yes, Expat.com forum is a good place to organize meet ups. We meet every month in Mauritius, and we were more than 70 last month :)

female_expat wrote:

Before blah blah at least you must be informed what I am talking about because it is embarassing if you get corrected.

Julien wrote:

by the way yes, Expat.com forum is a good place to organize meet ups. We meet every month in Mauritius, and we were more than 70 last month :)

see...
now, who is embarrassed?
don't divert the OP with your pointless views, female_expat.
Expat.com is such a cool site to organize meet-ups and gatherings.

peace guys, peace

Its indeed a cool website.

As for meetup face to face though, I find that hard to do in greater Manila since its a bigger city and society is different compared to cool island of Mauritius.

Manila has hierarchy of society, the poor, working class, upper class and the elites and these societies simply don't mix with each other.

I have not known any face to face meetup happened in the past, definitely not for expats. In San Francisco I met fellow Australians or its called Kiwis, Aussies and Safas or the commonwealth members or anyone who salute to the Queen of UK, not due to an expat forum but through meetup.com

female_expat wrote:

As for meetup face to face though, I find that hard to do in greater Manila since its a bigger city and society is different compared to cool island of Mauritius.

Manila has hierarchy of society, the poor, working class, upper class and the elites and these societies simply don't mix with each other.

I have not known any face to face meetup happened in the past, definitely not for expats. In San Francisco I met fellow Australians or its called Kiwis, Aussies and Safas or the commonwealth members or anyone who salute to the Queen of UK, not due to an expat forum but through meetup.com

Julien wrote:

could we please concentrate on the initial topic ?

is this hard to understand? the OP is simply an invitation. Just respond if you're in or not. Don't talk too much with negatives and criticisms.

This topic is titled 'hangout tonight'? Am I right ?  Im afraid that I may have to explain further regarding safety issues.

Here's some question to consider when responding to announced hangout in public forum :

1) How many are there have responded ? And who have responded ?

2) What's the nationality of the person who invited for a hangout tonight ?

3) Is angelstirera a bonafide expat in the Philippines or a local ?

4) If invited by a local, what's his/her background ? Has there any hangout in the past organized by the same invitee ?

5) How was the invite sent out ? Privately or open to the public ?

6) Where is the location ? Is it well secured ?

7) Does the country currently facing a terrorist threat ?

8) What are the embassies and consulates recommendation regarding safety of its citizens ?

Philippines is not a country with considerable border security and local security. In fact the country has relied on USAID for counter terrorism measures and even with that help, it does not guarantee safety. Furthermore, there are kidnappings that was not even published in the news. If anyone wanted to know, you can google and get more information.

In fact two weeks ago, the US Embassy issued a warden message:

"The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of terrorist activity in the Philippines, particularly in the Sulu Archipelago and on the island of Mindanao. Terrorist attacks could be indiscriminate and could occur in other areas, to include Manila. Targeted sites may be public gathering places including, but not limited to, airports, shopping malls, conference centers, and other public venues. This Travel Warning replaces the Travel Warning dated November 2, 2010, and updates specific regions of concern and reflects continuing threats due to terrorist and insurgent activities."

Majority of expats in the Philippines prefer to have a low key outing, private and unannounced. No one, specially a western expat, would show up to a place published to the whole world unless this event is some kind of conference or a seminar.

There's a saying that its " better to be safe than sorry ".

OMG!!! What the heck yah all talking about?!! are you :sick?
Your existence on this thread is out of bounds!
:dumbom::dumbom::dumbom: = that's 3

think first before responding to the topic. don't just talk and talk and talk without sense and degrading the locals.

Ask yourself first?:  Am i a bonafide expat or an expat on my own land?

Don't brag too much.  Humility is the mother of all virtues.

I guess eveything was said here

-discussion closed-

Closed