Finally on our way to Malta !

We ve finally sold our home in UK , now up to solictors to get it together , while i have lists and lists of things to do .
Anyone any contacts for moving things by container from UK to Malta ? We will need some sort of lift thingy in Malta as we re 4th floor .Looking forward to our new life abroad .

i have three numbers of lifters all have been used by us here in malta.

Lifter Charlton 00356 99445177
Lifter Dennis 00356 79673816
Lifter Josef 00356 99424268

its usually about 30-40 euros per hour....

where are you moving to in Malta?

Good luck

Great News and good luck with the move.  Fantastic time to be moving.... Its raining here, cloudy, Cold....sorry that was what my freinds had been saying back home about Kent... :)

Julian

its wet here in  mellieha...thats the sweat running down my back...LOL

Hello mandy27660 and welcome to Expat.com! :)

If you want, you may get a free quote for moving to Malta by our movers partner.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Thank you all for the information, has any one moved from uk and used a firm to do it all ? We re moving just into Marsascala ,literally ! just on the left in a block up the top as you hit the outskirts ,we have wonderful country views in front of us and can see the village and St Thomas s bay at the rear , can t wait . :cool:

Whats the one thing people wish they d bought with them to Malta ? praticle thing that is , not friends and family !

Think i m going to get puppy done before coming over , unless anyone knows a good vet and how much it costs ?

I think you will find that you have to have the passport done for him and that will include a chip as well.... as far as something i wish i had brought...mmmm my wife .... she is still in the UK finalising things there.... on a serious note... pots and pans .. a decent frying pan.... i brought with me some really nice Goose feather pillows that Dunelm Mill were selling for about £14 each but god they are nice and I havent been able to find nice pillows here that would come remotely as cheap...

apart from that we kept bringing things over when we were travelling before... i brought a steamer with me... white goods are expensive here...

Enjoy your trip down as the drive was awesome.... I am not to far from you either i live in Birzebbuga

Julian

Thank you Julian , we ll be in reverse position to you , that husband will still be working in UK , while our daughter does A levels for 2 years . So it just me and the dog to start with .He is already passported and chipped thanks . Will definatley sort the pots and pans and husbands feather pillows . I think we re doing a container , so need to have everything in one go ! no going back for forgotten things . Have nt decided if we re driving or  flying ourselves , i quite fancy the drive ,but not sure if we bringing it over . Its an estate and long and i know short cars are better for parking in Malta .Not so likely to lose the front or end either !
Also i won t be fully over till October as have already commitments to be in France for the summer to try and sort out property there .So have to have everything ship shape before i go on 26th July . Also need to do flying visit to Malta once completed here to choose bathroom and tiles , then apparently it take builder 3 months to finish it all , so back end of October i exspect ! But its been a long time planning and we re getting there . cheers Mandy .

electric blankets for the winter humidity (it gets into your in bedding) these are expensive here (double the uk price)

a good water filter jug and plenty of filters as they too are expensive here (almost double uk price)

anything electronic - again these good are very expensive here

3months for a builder to finish - id say that was optimistic at best

Good luck with your trip and enjoy Malta. we do.