Australia to Barcelona

Hi - We we are an Austrlian family we 3 kids under two and are moving to barcelona for a few years in late 2009. We do not have work visa yet and are not part of the EU.I have heaps of questions and appreciate your assistance.

1. Where can we find a full time nanny?
2. What are some of the best inner city areas to live that will be walking distance to everything
3. What is a good kinder for our 3 yr old son?
4. My wife is a spanish speaking Australian lawyer are their local agencies that could assist her with work?
5. I am a healthcare CEO that doesn't speak spanish are there options for me?

Thank you.

Hi Ruben,

I'm single so I don't have too much information about schools or nanny, I think you will find good english schools in Barcelona, at least for your first year.

I live in Barcelona city area, about fifteen minutes walking to Plaza Catalunya considered the city central point, I recommend Eixample (this is the catalan word for Ensanche), rentals are very expensive.

About finding job, not easy actually, Spanish regulations are very special and law system different to Australian or English law system, but there are a lot of lawyers with very different roles on large companies. Searching job over Internet maybe useful, there are employment agencies or Human Resources companies who can help you to start searchin job.

Healthcare in Spain is very special too, Public Healthcare is the most extended, but in Barcelona you can find Private Healthcare Institutions or companias related to healthcare.

Regards,