Social Media in Germany

Hi,

many thanks for looking at my post.

Just a quick question; Is social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc) used more in German or in English in Germany... does the under 30s use English more?

It would really help me out to know. And are there other popular social networks in Germany that is preferred?

Many thanks,
Thomas

OF COURSE Germans use social media in German.
Did you expect anything else?!?

lol - yeah, Germans are just the same as everyone else, they use Facebook, Instagram, Youtube etc.  Majority will speak in mother-tongue with friends from Germany in my expereince, but those under 40 are quite comfortable switching to English, and will consume also English language media

KingKongy wrote:

lol - yeah, Germans are just the same as everyone else, they use Facebook, Instagram, Youtube etc.  Majority will speak in mother-tongue with friends from Germany in my expereince, but those under 40 are quite comfortable switching to English, and will consume also English language media

Well it seems you answered your own question, so why did you ask in the first place? Amongst themselves Germans will almost always use German but if they are communicating with a wide range of people from other countries they might often use English in certain situations. Depends on the people and circumstances.