Reputable Electronics Store in HCMC

Hi all,
I will be moving to dist 9 at the end of this month. i need to buy a refrigerator, cooking oven and a washing machine. please suggest a reputable electronics store near the city center...

I would check out Metro Cash and Carry in District 2. (metro.com)

You must go to customer service and show your passport and get a temporary pass before entering the store.  Kind of a pain, but the prices there are good.

I agree with ATLOroad, METRO C&C is a great place to do shopping. I do 80% of mine down here in Can Tho. The problem is:

Q: Can I have free delivery when buying big quantity?
A: No. METRO's business concept is "Cash & Carry". You have to arrange delivery by yourselves. METRO supports customer by signing a contract with one transportation company. Price list is noted at the store exit.

I got that off their website. You'll have to make separate delivery and set up arrangements if you purchase the items from them.

Check out Nguyen Kim on Tran Hung Dao.  I've never had a problem there.

i was checking the link posted by ATLOffroad. i found this information about METRO...
Special service:
Delivery to customer
Electric & mattress will be free delivered inside the city.
Other items could be arranged for delivery at a nominal cost.
For delivery please look for the assistant of Customer Service at Warranty Counter or Tan Hung team at exit.

i need to buy electrical items and also mattress. :) it might be helpful for me.

I've had a very good experience with Nguyen Kim as well.  They provide free delivery for purchases of at least 1million VND, i think.  They even assembled the 2 electric fans I bought from them, and delivered within 3 hours of purcahse.

I'll try to pass by Cash & Carry one of these days as I need to replace my mattress too!  vicci0606, let me know if they have a good selection of mattresses.

Thanks!

If you don't mind 2nd hand, there a few people selling this kind of thing on the An Phu neighbours group, might be worth having a look.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

@ SManu,
i went to the Metro last Saturday. regarding the mattress, the price is 1,802,900 VND (1.55m x 1.95m). the quality is ok and it comes with a guaranty of 10 years. but the Metro will only deliver for free within 15km range.