Where to buy used cameras in HCMC?

Hi everyone,

I'm in Ho chi minh for 2 weeks but have just lost my camera and need to buy a new or used one for travelling to Mekong delta next week.
Any recommendations? I prefer Canon, Fujifilm, Olympus, etc.
Thank you.

Oh no, so sorry to hear that you lost your camera in my city for just only 2 weeks passed.  :( You can try to find at Pham Hong Thai st. Dist. 1. That street is between Ben Thanh Market and New World hotel, facing 23th sept (23/9) park.

Or, if you have chance to go to Dist. 5, try to find Hong Bang street (along the street you can find many of them).

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the classifieds section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for sharing.
I bought a used one at one store named LP in dist 5, near the Russian market.
Really helpful for my Mekong delta trip.
Cheers.

Hey guys I'm in Vietnam I lost my GoPro here. I just landed 3days ago. Pls can anyone tel me where can I find used GoPro so I can continue my  Journey.

Used - No clue.

For new, I typed "gopro" into google maps and got hits

Hey guys I'm in Vietnam I lost my GoPro here. I just landed 3days ago. Pls can anyone tel me where can I find used GoPro so I can continue my Journey.
-@Roshan Bhandari

Hi there Roshan Bhandari and welcome to expat.com!

Being an avid user of GoPro for many years now, I can understand your wanting to replace your lost camera, a.s.a.p.

I'm on my 3rd GoPro Session 5 since arriving here. The first was lost, and the second died suffering water damage (salt water).

The second and third cameras I purchased from individuals, not from a shop.

You didn't mention where in VN you are located, so here is a link to the page of a very popular site covering all VN locations.

Here is Saigon,

and

here is Hanoi.

The site is dedicated to VN sellers/customers, so unless you can speak VN it might be helpful to find a local to make the contact and negotiations for you.

Good luck in your hunt, and please let us now how it all works out for you.

Used - No clue.
-@Fred

Not surprising, since you are not "here"... 😉

Hey guys I'm in Vietnam I lost my GoPro here. I just landed 3days ago. Pls can anyone tel me where can I find used GoPro so I can continue my Journey.
-@Roshan Bhandari

You'll find a ton of camera stores (new & used) on and nearby this section of

Đ. Huỳnh Thúc Kháng

Bến Nghé, Quận 1

(Google Maps link)

inshot_20230331_142925425.jpg

I have probably walked through this area 30 or 40 times going from the area of the Opera House to the Bến Thành Market.

it appears they have many used cameras and new ones as well.

I purchased a really nice tripod along that street.

Also, there are some nice little Fix-It shops there that handle some electronic repairs.

I had a Roku remote that didn't work after the batteries corroded inside it, and a woman there fixed it in 24 hours.

Good luck finding what you need!

@Aidan in HCMC thank you sir Ji for your reply.  It was not old one it was GoPro 11. I bought it recently and I used it Kashmir. Anyways sir Ji. Thanks to each everyone who replied me.

@OceanBeach92107 thank you so much sir. Thanks for the information ❤️

@OceanBeach92107 thank you so much sir. Thanks for the information ❤️
-@Roshan Bhandari

Không có gì Roshan

😌

🙏

-@Roshan Bhandari
@Aidan in HCMC thank you sir Ji for your reply. It was not old one it was GoPro 11. I bought it recently and I used it Kashmir. Anyways sir Ji. Thanks to each everyone who replied me. -@Roshan Bhandari

Might be difficult to find a used Gopro 11. There are just a couple there.

Good luck, and please let us know how it turns out.

Hi Hello ...

I am new here where can I find or exchange used Olympus camera in HCMCity?

Hi Hello ...
I am new here where can I find or exchange used Olympus camera in HCMCity?
-@sugubrunei

Hello sugubrunei, and welcome to expat.com.

There are a couple of suggestions in the firsts posts of this thread (post #2), though not specifically for Olympus. Hope it helps you.

@sugubrunei

You'll find a ton of camera stores (new & used) on and nearby this section of

Đ. Huỳnh Thúc Kháng
Bến Nghé, Quận 1
(Google Maps link)

inshot_20230331_142925425.jpg

I have probably walked through this area 30 or 40 times going from the area of the Opera House to the Bến Thành Market.

it appears they have many used cameras and new ones as well.

I purchased a really nice tripod along that street.

Good luck finding what you need!

-@OceanBeach92107

(copied from earlier in this thread)