Best 3G service provider

Dear all,
    Before moving to Ghana, we got a Samsung Pop for DH to use in Ghana. As it is a Android based phone and also have 3G facilities, we thought it is a best choice. But currently, the sim provided to him is not 3G and so he is not able to view mails or chat on the move. Kindly suggest a good 3G service provider so that he could place a request with his company to change to that.

Regards,
Swaana

Hello and welcome on board Swaana!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Not sure there actually is a 3G provider in Ghana yet but all the mobile phone companies provide services which allow people to use the applications you require. I suggest he goes to one of them an enquires.

The 3g signal in Accra is great, however I have no idea about the rest of the country.

You'll have no problems with getting a 3g signal on Airtel, MTN or Vodafone, however for it to work, you may have to take out a specific data package.

Thanks for the posts. Actually he is to be placed in Tamale. Want to know how the service is and how the reception is.

Hi again,

Here are some useful links:

africa.airtel.com/ghana/national-coverage
mtn.com

There didn't seem to be a coverage guide on the Vodafone site and the MTN site doesn't really help much as it doesn't specify whether the coverage is 2g or 3g.

I'm slightly biased, but I would highly recommend Airtel. Speaking as a consumer of both their mobile and internet, I've had no problem at all and judging by their coverage checker, he should hopefully be able to get 3g coverage in Tamale.

Thanks a lot Johnnyr. I will convey the same to him. Ofcourse we hv seen and heard about good coverage given by airtel in India.

Let me pass on this msg to him.