Will be living in Alexandria, how far away is Cairo?

Hi all,

I am moving to Alexandria in August. I visited Cairo once before and had a great time. I would definitely be willing to come to Cairo on some weekends if it is realistic. How far away, either by plane,train or bus, is Cairo from Alexandria? And what about price?

Thanks =]

The distance between Cairo and Alexandria is around 240 Km.
So, till you go airport, get into the plane, and land in Cairo, better get into a bus and in 2 hours and half you could be in Cairo.
Bus traveling is cheap 20 Le under 3 euro for one way, and some  micro-buses are nice, and have air conditioned systems.
Trains look ugly and dirty, but " degustibus non disputandum"!

Hello
I live in Alexandria
Distance Between Cairo & Alex is About 230 Km
Transportation is easy, Trains ( Not so clean ) but the fastest one is 2 hours costs around 40 to 50 Egyptian Pounds ( Depend on class )
By bus, there's many buses from 20 LE to 100 LE ( Depend on Company ) takes about 3 hours
Plane is the fastest , 45 min, about 300 LE
Any more questions, it will be my pleasure to help :)

I'd suggest the train - its quicker than the bus. and last time i tried it, it was very clean.

Me too, i advice the train, it's clean and no traffic jam, and not dangerous as a microbus.

But it was rally cold inside, some smoke was getting out of my mouth ..;

yeah Microbuses is not safe but the adventure must be tried once at least

You are welcome in Alexandria anytime

And just by the way... there are a lot of amazing things to do in alex, too.
Believe me, as soon as u live there, you will not even think a second about going to cairo for a weekend. :):cool:

i would rather recommend for you going by train as it will be fastest as there are train go in 2 hours at same time the train station locate in Cairo downtown so will be easy to reach different places in Cairo easily

Agree with Batni never the less night life in cairo is much better just because of people diversity

I hope so BATni!

Thanks for all the info everyone

Best way, Best safety, Best clean, Fatest way, No strange people  ALL in one :D

BY Plane  , 40 min, about 35 €

Any more questions,  Let me know :)

Hi mw1023 and welcome to Expat.com! :)

Regards,
Harmonie.