Visa Stamps

How can a person stay in Thailand longer than the 30 days that the Immigration people give to tourist. I would like to live there for an extended period of time. But, it does not seem possible with every tourist book saying the same thing about the 30 day visa. Thanks for your responses in advance.

Welcome to Expat.com fiercegolfer! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon.

Go to the Thai Embassy in your country to apply for tourist visa and when you have that visa, its more than 30 days.

There are many types of Non-Immigrant visas.

~~~

1. I believe the best resource for Thai visa info is:

ThaiVisa.COM

thaivisa.com/

2. If you don't find what you are looking for in the 'Non-Immigrant Visa' section' (top header), I suggest you look in the:

3. 'Thai visas, and residency and work permits' Forum:

thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

4. If don't find anything after scrolling, you can either:

- do a search

or,

- post your question

Note: I can almost guarantee you will receive a reply.

http://www.thailand-immigration.org/visa-extension/http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en … age=90days

Hope this would help u.

As Seattle 99 said you need non immigrate visa re entry to be able to apply for extension within Thailand.

Normally u cannot extend yr tourist visa within THailand, You must leave to neighbouring countries of Thailand or cross the boarder for few days then re enter again.

Q: How long are you planning to stay in Thailand?

Yes that is true re the non-immig visa. It can be extended within Thailand up to one year. After that you'll need to go back to your home country to get a new non-immig visa, and then start the cycle again.

I've lived in Thailand for six-plus-years on a 'geezer veezer' (retirement visa); and I've always have renewed it HERE.

~

I find it to be a very simmple process.

I have the non-immig O - dependent visa and that's what I was advised, so were a few others with the same visa.

I'm not sure about the O-A retirement visa. This is what I found from another post on here (Expat.com: Chiang Mai):

(quote) Straydog:
O-A is option before leaving the states but requires more paperwork than applying for extension while in Thailand.  It does give you one year right off the bat without doing runs out of the country every 90 days.

Here is link for details on O-A requirements:
mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

Below is requirement when applying for retirement extension while in Thailand.

2.22 In the case of a retiree:
Permission will be granted
for a period of not more
than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);
(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;
(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month (must be letter from Embassy); or
(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than
800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or
(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less
than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

As you can see if you have read through both applying in Thailand has fewer requirements.

You might want to read through some of the forums at this link: thaivisa.com/forum/
(end of quote)

I am looking for inexpensive ways to get my "visitor" visa stamp monthly. I would prefer to take a train or bus to neighboring countries, eat lunch and return.

Is there anyone out there willing to share their experience on visa runs?