Why cant I stream TV

Hi all, well finally I have arrived in Jeddah, well for 2 weeks or so, until residency visa sorted. So far so good, But why when I try to watch anything on BBC iplayer does it refuse and tell me it is not available?

maybe cuz Middle east is not covered? check with the service provider.

welcome to the party. =_=

Hi There,

We tried and tried as well but apparently it does not work outside the U.K. and it can tell where you are from your I.P. address.

You can get radio 1 to 4 on the internet but not T.V.

They are working on it so you can use it abroad but I guess it will be subscription.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Sandy, :( How are you getting on out here?

Hi, you can get it  but you have to pay for it and its about 5 pounds a month, ours doesnt work that great, other friends who have it it works perfectly guess it depends on the internet speed and time of day

From my limited understanding it is something to do with you IP address... When it sees that you are outside the UK it would not work. You would need to get VPN and that should overcome this

This is something I will be looking into in the coming weeks as I am moving out to Riyadh shortly

Hi all :)

Like Leedslad said, your best bet is to subscribe to a VPN service.

You can use free proxies as a second choice, but might not work as some streaming services like Hulu (last time I checked) detect proxies.

You can Google for free proxies but it will take you some time to get good ones as most of them are Blocked (censorship).