The nightlife scene in Saudi Arabia

Hello,

Having access to a good nightlife scene can be a determining factor for many expats upon choosing their next destination. Tell us more about the nightlife in Saudi Arabia.

In Saudi Arabia, what is the nighlife culture like: is it common for people to go out at night? Is there a big difference between the nightlife during the weekdays and weekends?

What are the most popular evening or nighttime activities (e.g. bars, nightclubs, shows, cultural activities, etc.)?

Is it safe to venture out in the evening and at night in Saudi Arabia?

Is there anything in particular that surprised you about the nightlife in Saudi Arabia?

Are there any apps or websites (or any other resources) that would help in staying informed about evening and nighttime activities?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Nightlife in Saudi Arabia.  That is a interesting question. lol

There is No such thing as Night life in Saudi Arabia. That is to say no bars, clubs, strip clubs etc or what not you can have in other countries. And of course everyone knows that.

But having said that. There are indeed somehow night life in the kingdom. But you did have to know friends who, lets say are connected and know the where and how. I have heard expats living in compounds do sometimes have their own Nightlife where you did meet members of the opposite sex,chit-chat, dance and have some little fun. But this is normally on the low and are hard to hear about or find.

Jeddah however is much better than Riyadh, so i heard. I got knowledge that jeddah has hidden places where you could find a full lenght of night of life. But do not know how that true it is. Might just be remorse.

Anyway. Since is Saudi, and we all know it's rules. I did say night life is how you create it for yourself. And if you know places or know good friends you did be able to enjoy yourself a bit. But know there are severe consequences when caught.

Good luck

The answers to this depends on what your interests. For me I adopt with choices available.
You have the coffee shops inside closed communities such as Fal compound or venecia compound. Abd you have cinema in Riyadh park and you have the walking areas in north Riyadh place called Bigiri.
You will keep learn new places but keep in mind the choices are few.
Good luck

Hello, --> Hi

Having access to a good nightlife scene can be a determining factor for many expats upon choosing their next destination. Tell us more about the nightlife in Saudi Arabia.

-->  Nightlife in KSA depends on your activities and probably on you too.

In Saudi Arabia, what is the nighlife culture like: is it common for people to go out at night? Is there a big difference between the nightlife during the weekdays and weekends?

--> yes, it is common to go out at night, this country is more secure.

--> there is different during weekdays & weekend....    on weekdays you will find the normal activities but on weekend it will be special you will find the are with the crowd especially from Thursday evening to Saturday evening.

What are the most popular evening or nighttime activities (e.g. bars, nightclubs, shows, cultural activities, etc.)?

--> Thursday & Friday Evening, you cannot find as you mention but, here there is Cornish, Beach, Malls, Markert.
    you can find the Cultural activities especially on EID Holidays & on Independent day 23sep. 

Is it safe to venture out in the evening and at night in Saudi Arabia?

-> yes, it is common to go out at night, this country is more secure.

Is there anything in particular that surprised you about the nightlife in Saudi Arabia?

--> especially on EID holidays, you can find Stage/Show in the Cornish area. Khobar, Jeddah

Are there any apps or websites (or any other resources) that would help in staying informed about evening and nighttime activities?

--> No.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

In my experience along the eastern side of KSA there is NO nightlife scene.
This is the reason so many traipse over the causeway to Bahrain on weekends.
Why you ask such a question suprises me - even if there was an underground scene I dont think anyone in their right mind would talk openly/post about it.
As for quality of life (unless you like compound/locked in living) - you give that up in search of the mighty dollar when you go to KSA, never forget that and you'll be ok.
I'm speaking as a western expat here, for other expat's from elsewhere the expectations will be different.

Night life has a different meaning in KSA. Yes people, mostly young Saudi do remain awake, sometimes till fajar prayer. They hang out in special clubs for men only. These clubs have snooker, bowling, playstation, coffee. Some places have big screen television televising football and these places remain open in some cases till 3 or 4 am. Again men only. There are football grounds open very late, for men only. During the month of Ramadan, the whole KSA is awake till 4am, including shopping malls and eating places are open till fajar prayer. But this month is only for 30 days in one year. Corniches in Jeddah are open 24/7. It becomes great to hangout there during winter months, Nov, dec, Jan, Feb. There is no gender restriction in corniches. In some cities like taif, tabuk, abha etc, parks remain open till late night and people can hang out, but usually lights are switched off around 1 am, than you are at risk if you stay.

Night life in KSA!!!
HAHAHAHA this is Hilarious  :D

well KSA its not the Bahamas  :)
KSA have its own rules and restrictions that every one knows and follow it ..
so you have to set your expectations to its minimum when it comes to nightlife !!

Who do you go out of your way to be nice to?

Hi, Priscilla,
Refer to your mail regrading nightlife in KSA.As per my experience along in side of KSA there is no nightlife scene.The reason so many traipse over the causeway to Bahrain,Jorden,Egypt , Oman & UAE on weekends. Spe.Thursday & Friday Evening, you cannot find as you mention but, here (means Jeddah, Dammam, Jubail, Al Khobar and some of southern city) there is Cornish, Beach, Malls, Market.you can find the Cultural activities especially on EID Holidays & on Independent day 23sep.It is common to go out at night, this country is more secure then other country; its totally depend on your lifestyle i mean,  if you are living in own community or friends ,they will arrange transportation , accommodation and others required things.
I hope this information useful for you
SZI/Riyadh

Frankly, I do love night life in here. going out at 10, 11, 12 pm is very normal, which is very different from other countries (especially Australia). Well, at least you can go to coffee shop and have a good talk with friends. Still, I hope that Saudi can innovate and add the range activities that we can do.

‘Night Life' in other parts of world refers to a set of activities deemed illegal by law in the KSA. If there's one happening anywhere you can land yourself in jail by disclosure. But surely the real thing exists but not available to all.
The next is the equivalent of saudi champagne. The gatherings could be as loud and flashy as how spirited and driven you become without opposite sex in your vicinity.
Nevertheless KSA  for these rules is the most secure place in the world, if everyone had been allowed a family life why would anyone indulge in ‘night life' outside home especially when ample opportunities to beautify your family life including freedom to get a second wife instead of looking outside.

This is hilarious. Nightclubs and bars, wow. Priscilla, no hard feelings, but you are totally out of sync :)

There is a nightlife in Saudi Arabia. But for sure no one is going to say anything about it. There are people who organize and host that sort of things but it is nearly impossible to learn about it unless you are part of the trust circle.

Netflix and shawarmaaaaaa! That's a perfect nightlife for me in Saudi  :kiss:

If you found the “night life” in KSA please let me know 🤕

i always go to bed at 10 PM no matter what.  for me night life is spending evening time in a Mall or a park.  that is all :)

If you're into parties, drinks, mingling, etc (you know what I mean), go on weekends to western compounds. You'll have it all.  All.  Believe me, ALL and everything.

Of course there are private parties at rich people homes as well.

My family and I are into desert and beach fun.

Good luck, don't do drugs, don't drink and drive, don't take bottles in your car, let Uber bring your date over to your house, don't ride together.