Le lac and falafel

Hi All,

I have a couple of short questions about life in Bordeaux:
1. Is there anything interesting to see/visit at the Bordeaux lake (Le Lac)? It looks big on the map and every once in a while is mentioned in conversations, so I feel intrigued... but unsure whether the trip there would justify the time spent.

2. As someone who lived in Israel, I am addicted to Middle-Eastern food. In particular, I expected that finding falafel and houmous in Bordeaux would not be a problem... but it turns out that it is. I will appreciate any recommendations.

Take the tram to the farthest point and walk to the lake.  There is a beach, picnic benches, even a food trailer that serves reasonable fare.  If you are adventurous, actually walk around the lake- about half way you will get back to industrial-looking area but there are bus stops nearby that can get you back into Bordeaux (central).  On a beautiful summer day, the LAC is quite wonderful and remote to most people.  I have sunbathed there with my towel among the pine trees.  Stop at a food market, bring your own, and enjoy watching families, children, etc enjoy the small sandy beach.

Thanks for answering! Actually, I have already put this plan in life. We went around the lake, which was quite a distance... luckily, my friend had a phone with GPS. There is a beautiful part on the other side of the Lake, but the part near Bordeaux-expo is boring. And some of the entrances are closed, so we had to jump over a fence in one place.

For middle eastern food just head straight to the area of St. Michel! On Mondays and Saturday there is usually a large Fruit /Flea market and there are heaps of cafes to grab a mint tea or a couscous.

For my money, they best Kebab shop in Bordeaux is Coluche near the Place Camille Julian (actual address: 40, rue du pas Saint Georges).

bon appétit!

Thanks!

For Falafel, there's a place on Rue du Palais Gallien just off Gambetta :)