Moving to Gibraltar with non-EU wife

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help. I am hoping to move to Gibraltar soon and live in a nearby town in Spain (I have UK and Irish passports). Does anyone know how I can find information about applying for a spouse visa/family reunification visa for my wife who is not from an EU country? I can find a lot of info about it if I were to be working in Spain and living there, but not if I work in Gibraltar and live in Spain.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi. I have the same circumstances. Did you ever find any information?

@Niikij did you find out? We are in the process of moving and I am non uk/eu and husband is British wo

@Kat isaac Hello and welcome !

It's been 3 years already since that member last logged in. I would suggest that you open a thread of your own on the Gibraltar forum if you need any info.

All the best

Bhavna

As an EU citizen, you're entitled to move to any EU country that you're NOT a citizen of and bring your spouse with you. As such you have the right to bring your spouse to Spain, but not Ireland.

The fact that you're working in Gibraltar is irrelevant. It's no different to moving to Drogheda and working in the North, except that as an Irish citizen in Ireland your spouse wouldn't benefit from treaty rights, like she would in an EU country like Spain where you're not a citizen.

In this situation, your spouse could live with you in Spain, but possibly not travel into Gibraltar, unless she can do so already as a tourist, with her existing citizenship.

As the spouse of a non-Spanish EU citizen, she would have the right to work in Spain, but I don't have any information about the rights of spouses of British citizens to work in Gibraltar without living there.

Thamk you..info most appreciated.

Just a case  of getting help find accom to rent on housing benefit.

Need to rent for 1st year...then im elifible apply housing as im disabled.

Lorna dailly.