Working in Gib

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to set up a consultancy in Gib, I'm British, do I need a visa or work permit etc., What docs are necessary to live and work there?

It would help if you said in what field the consultancy is

regards
Grumpy

I dont believe that would matter unless it was an illegal activity as you are an EU citizen. Gibraltar Call Girls may present a problem ;-)

Anyone from Europe can come here and set up a company.   Registering for some trades may require a license and all businesses will have to register with the tax office and other government offices but you can get support from local accountants who will help you set up your business.  OK it will cost a few quid but its worth not having to deal with the bureaucracy as they do forms here for everything.      As a Management Consultant, I have to stress that its important to do the ground work to understand this market.   It's approaching 2 years for me and I have known more people come and go than stay, and those that go are not always happy, perhaps I need to mix for more successful people, but there is a sort of expat community which I have found I mix with.    Having said that, I am doing very well :)  so I enjoy life here.   The other BIG problem that you will see on here is banking.   Business banks are limited at the moment as banks are pulling out.   Also, Gib is more interested in big business, SME's seem to struggle as there is no support or real interest in them.   Setting up a company in Gib will cost you heaps more than the UK, Internet is not great here and expensive as are most things IT.   So running costs are higher than the UK.    But the sun shines and the booze is cheap so if you are a Consultant dedicated to solving Alcoholism you will be made :)

Hi Kitty,,,& I'd like to help you then! I dunno...always something about Gib thats had me interested. I'm a Salesman...& experienced in various sectors.years ago I was a Rep on thd Coast. Brett