Moving to Bangkok

Does anyone live in Ari or Ekkamai? My husband will be working in Chidlom but this area seems too expensive and fancy for us. We prefer laid back casual places we can walk around. Any info appreciated

Ekkamai is a good area. Lots of restaurants. Rents are reasonable but many places have small rooms. Malls at BTS are not high end. I live and prefer Phrom Phong area. I stay at Waterford Diamond Tower.  The rents are reasonable and rooms are big because bldg is 20 years old. Have full service fitness center with over 50 stations and 2 pools. Have 2 upscale high- end malls at BTS within walking distance from condo. Have more than 50 restaurants and 2 movie theaters.  Good luck.
Private message me if you need contact info.

Thanks for all the info, we don't like malls so that's good to know. Cheers

Too bad you don't like malls. There are malls at almost every BTS skytrain station. That's where we do most of our grocery shopping at the Emporium and Emquartier malls at Phrom Phong. They have 2 large Gourmet markets with good selections, 50 or so restaurants, 2 movie theaters which we frequent often, all the banks, DHL for sending packages or mail back home, hair salons & nail shops and a nice park. Also have a smaller TOPs supermarket close to our condo but it doesn't have everything, Have a nice Wine Connection store and restaurant across thr street too. We met some friends last year at the pool and I bet they haven't eaten out in a restaurant or bought a bottle of wine since they been here. Different people have different lifestyles. We enjoy eating out, going to the mall and having a bottle of wine. To each his own. Well good luck with your search.

Well...I guess you won!

Zeus.wmo wrote:

Ekkamai is a good area. Lots of restaurants. Rents are reasonable but many places have small rooms. Malls at BTS are not high end. I live and prefer Phrom Phong area. I stay at Waterford Diamond Tower.  The rents are reasonable and rooms are big because bldg is 20 years old. Have full service fitness center with over 50 stations and 2 pools. Have 2 upscale high- end malls at BTS within walking distance from condo. Have more than 50 restaurants and 2 movie theaters.  Good luck.
Private message me if you need contact info.

I would agree with this. Ekkamai is a hell of a area.

phrom phong station on blue bts line is not bad because there is a big park next to the shopping mall but it can be really expensive.  it really is depend on your budget.  i can be more helpful if you can be more specific.  i work in this field.  you can contact me or send me a message.  i am happy to help

How about considering options near the River at Saphan Taksin or Khlong San. Rather quiet still thereabouts

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Dorothy Wan

Please place a free advert in the housing section top of this page.