Enrolling a child in public school

Hello,

If anyone could give any advice on enrolling a child in public school.
I dont know where to start. I Googled it but couldnt find public schools only private.
Who do I contact first? I also tried to call the American embassy in Podgorica, could not get through.
Besides the obvious; birth certificate, passport, vaccinations etc.
Does everything need to be translated?

If anyone could help, much appreciated!

Hi!

I just enrolled my son in a public school here in Podgorica. Basically what you have to do is find a school near your home and go there. Tell your story and they will guide you.

If your kid already went to school before, take the certificate with you. They will ask you to translate them and pay the nostrification (It's a 15e tax). Also they will give you some forms to fulfil with your and your kid's information. That is it.

If you have any doubt, fell free to contact me anytime!

Best regards,

Tom

Thank you Tom!

Tom is correct, it is a pretty straightforward procedure for both public and private (I run a private school in Podgorica.)

Bring the birth certificate, vaccination record (only for our school, public schools do not require it as it is not a must to vaccinate your kid) and the registration number you get when you receive your residency. Each school might have their own additional requirements, so it's best to approach them directly to verify what is needed.

All the best!