Still looking for info re: real estate in the Loja to Vilcabamba area

We are interested in property in the area above and will return to Ecuador in Nov. So far I have not received any response to my posts and wonder how active this blog is, as it is obviously a highly commerical site and the information is very generic. There was a post by someone named Joe who has lived in Cuenca for 5 years but there was no way to contact this person. We have spent years outside of the US (one of us was born in Panama) and are interested in contacting people that are actually living in Ecuador. My email is [email protected] and I would enjoy contacting anyone in the area of Loja or Vilcabamba. As we spent only 3 days in Cuenca, we did not get a look in the sourounding areas.

Many thanks,

Hi ginarnold, :)

Maybe you should send this person a private message.

I hope you get information from other members very soon.

I wish you good luck.

We crossed the border from Columbia and spent the first 11 days in Otavalo and spent a month getting to Vilcabamba and have lots of pics and will be happy to share the hostels we stayed at for anyone planning a trip to Ecuador. By going by bus, it gives you a better idea of the country.

I am confused. Even if you talk to someone who lives there or has been there, it won't substitute for YOU going there and seeing what the feel of the place is, and what the cost of real estate and services is.

You can get an idea of costs from people who live there. But if they don't have your exact needs and wants, you won't know what it will cost you. Nor will their love of/dislike for a particular area mean that you'll feel the same.

That advise goes for myself, at this point! I THINK that my husband and I will want to relocate to Cuenca in a couple of years. Everything I've seen about it leads me to believe that. But, till we've been there and spent at least a couple of weeks, how will we know how we feel about it?

Hi there. maybe I confused you but we spent a month in Ecuador this past winter and looked at a lot of it----leaving out the coast where we have no interest. Spent 3 days in Cuenca and for us it might be a bit over done but that is from the perspective of older folks who have traveled a lot with one of us born in Panama. At this point any info could be interesting as we return in Nov for 4 months.